Do you have any unusual or quirky holiday traditions?

1. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Do you have any unusual or quirky holiday traditions?

for us, each person writes down a dish they want to have for dinner and we put them all in a hat.  Every year we end up with strange dinners that are always a lot of fun and are a mystery until dinner time except for whoever is cooking smile.  We take turns. One year we ended up with almost all desserts, another we had 4 kinds of potatoes lol.

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

My family has an odd tradition of watching unconventional movies on Christmas eve. And when I say unconventional, I mean like cheesy monster movies. You would think we would watch Christmas movies, yet they rarely, if ever, follow that theme. One year we watched Dark Shadows (vampire comedy) and Chronicle (found footage super heroes) and another year we watched the Librarian (treasure hunting adventure) and the Forbidden Kingdom (kung fu fantasy). There is definitely a certain sense of nostalgia for this tradition, but as I get older, I find myself more confused by it than anything.

1. ChristinS profile image95
      ChristinSposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think the unusual movie night is an awesome idea.  I love some of the Christmas classics, but I've seen them all so many times it's kind of "meh".. if I wait a few years they'll be more appealing again.  I like the monster movie idea very cool! smile

working