Earth Day Challenge Contest
In honor of Earth Day, April 22nd, what are 10 things someone can do to help save and conserve the Earth?
2.save on water
3.Pick up garbage in your hometown
4.Drive a environmental friendly car
5.Plant a Tree
6.Join an environmentalist group.
8.Don't fill up landfills
9.Don't waste water
10.Don't dump chemicals in the ocean
recycle plastic, paper, tins
turn off elec appliance when not in use
use shower, not bath
eat more greens less meat
travel by foot for short distance
travel by bus or carpool
use less water
don't burn outdoor
1. Think before purchasing anything new.
2. Only have essential items you need - so sell, give away, recycle anything you don't need.
3. Leave the car behind. Go out into countryside/Nature as soon as possible and just breathe in.
4. Cut down on food intake, especially junk food. Creates plastic and unhealthy fat!
5. Join in with others when you can for travel. Use public transport as much as possible.
6. Downsize in everything from your house to your dog!
7. Spend at least one day a week on a minimum energy plan - save money cutting back on oil.electricity,gas, fuels and anything else you can think of!
8. Donate something to a charity that directly looks after the environment.
9. Spend some time each day/week.month telling your children about the animals and the environment.
10. Write letters/emails and protest notes - stick them up or better still send them off to people in positions of power.
1. Eat more plant-based foods, less meat-based foods.
2. Switch to low energy light bulbs.
3. Switch to a digital thermostat to reduce heating when not home.
4. Recycle plastic bags at participating department stores.
5. Purchase biodegradable non-plastic containers.
6. Tell others about conservation tips and documentaries.
7. Attach electronics to power strips and switch off when not in use.
8. Walk, bike, or carpool when available.
9. Recycle as many plastic products as possible.
10. Re-purpose non-recyclable plastic to keep it out of landfills and streams.
by ttrash7 years ago
What are your tips for being environmentally friendly?
by Kawai17 months ago
Stephen Hawking said we have only 1,000 yrs on Earth. What are you doing to reduce climate change?
by Robin Edmondson4 years ago
Hello Hubbers. We are very excited to announce a week long challenge. Check out our Blog post for more information! Good luck!
by Ralph Schwartz12 months ago
How do you plan on celebrating Earth Day?Saturday April 22nd, 2017 is Earth Day - Historically it's been a day of activism with a wide range of topics being covered. Are you planning on doing anything noteworthy...
by Simone Haruko Smith6 years ago
I'm throwing down the gauntlet, Hubbers. Publish one Hub every day this April. I dare you. And make these the best Hubs you've written yet.The challenge is not only to publish 30 Hubs in 30 Days - one...
by Rambler16 years ago
I have often wondered this since recycling is so reported in the world as being important. Since visiting the local recycling drop off it seems few people actually recycle.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.