Earth Day Challenge Contest
In honor of Earth Day, April 22nd, what are 10 things someone can do to help save and conserve the Earth?
2.save on water
3.Pick up garbage in your hometown
4.Drive a environmental friendly car
5.Plant a Tree
6.Join an environmentalist group.
8.Don't fill up landfills
9.Don't waste water
10.Don't dump chemicals in the ocean
recycle plastic, paper, tins
turn off elec appliance when not in use
use shower, not bath
eat more greens less meat
travel by foot for short distance
travel by bus or carpool
use less water
don't burn outdoor
1. Think before purchasing anything new.
2. Only have essential items you need - so sell, give away, recycle anything you don't need.
3. Leave the car behind. Go out into countryside/Nature as soon as possible and just breathe in.
4. Cut down on food intake, especially junk food. Creates plastic and unhealthy fat!
5. Join in with others when you can for travel. Use public transport as much as possible.
6. Downsize in everything from your house to your dog!
7. Spend at least one day a week on a minimum energy plan - save money cutting back on oil.electricity,gas, fuels and anything else you can think of!
8. Donate something to a charity that directly looks after the environment.
9. Spend some time each day/week.month telling your children about the animals and the environment.
10. Write letters/emails and protest notes - stick them up or better still send them off to people in positions of power.
1. Eat more plant-based foods, less meat-based foods.
2. Switch to low energy light bulbs.
3. Switch to a digital thermostat to reduce heating when not home.
4. Recycle plastic bags at participating department stores.
5. Purchase biodegradable non-plastic containers.
6. Tell others about conservation tips and documentaries.
7. Attach electronics to power strips and switch off when not in use.
8. Walk, bike, or carpool when available.
9. Recycle as many plastic products as possible.
10. Re-purpose non-recyclable plastic to keep it out of landfills and streams.
by Montana Farm Girl 8 years ago
I am one of the MANY people afflicted by insomnia~~ My brain just won't shut down when it's "supposed" to... Perhaps I am a vampire and just don't realize it yet :-)!!! If you have the same problem, have you found a solution or anything that helps on those sleepless nights??
by Kristin Trapp 6 years ago
If HubPages ever has a focus group of selected hubbers I would love to be a part of it. They could do some regional focus groups (maybe start in Chicago for me) and really get some great input from a hubber's perspective on tweaks. I think HubPages is awesome. I was attracted to it by its clean...
by ttrash 7 years ago
What are your tips for being environmentally friendly?
by Ralph Schwartz 15 months ago
How do you plan on celebrating Earth Day?Saturday April 22nd, 2017 is Earth Day - Historically it's been a day of activism with a wide range of topics being covered. Are you planning on doing anything noteworthy this year? Have you done anything cool in the past that you'd like to share?
by Robin Edmondson 4 years ago
Hello Hubbers. We are very excited to announce a week long challenge. Check out our Blog post for more information! Good luck!
by Evylyn Rose 6 years ago
When the March Q&A Contest was announced and there was mention of daily drawings for hubs, I had the idea that it was the perfect time to try out the HubChallenge with the added bonus of using Questions to inspire my writing. Last night when I should have been in bed it dawned on me that March...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|