jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

To those whose loved one are deceased, how do you intend to celebrate Thanksgivi

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

To those whose loved one are deceased, how do you intend to celebrate Thanksgiving?

How do you INTEND to REMEMBER lost loved ones during Thanksgiving?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12213173_f260.jpg

2. moonlake profile image90
    moonlakeposted 2 years ago

My kids will be coming over for a turkey dinner. This will be our first Thanksgiving without my husband. It's going to be hard he was always in the kitchen getting things ready helping me and he took care of the turkey put it on the grill. It's going to seem strange doing it all by myself something I have not done in 52 years. We will talk about him we always do and have from the day he died.

3. Diana Lee profile image82
    Diana Leeposted 2 years ago

This is my first Thanksgiving since my husband, Bill passed away Dec. 12th 2014.  I went to a local restaurant with my son and his in-laws. It was a nice meal. I usually work Thanksgiving and have a turkey at home in an electric roaster cooking while Bill tended it and put potatoes cooking. All that was left to do was the biscuits and gravy when I got home. I'm sure Bill is in good company with many of his family and friends celebrating in Heaven this year.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's so sweet indeed.  My mother is also in Heaven, celebrating Thanksgiving with other departed loved ones!

working