jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Do you give your family pets a Christmas gift?

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Do you give your family pets a Christmas gift?

Many feel that their pets are a family member and deserve gifts as well. Do you?

2. moonlake profile image88
    moonlakeposted 2 years ago

Sure do. Our Springer Spaniel was thrilled to get his gift. His nose went right in the bag and found it and pulled it out we always got him stuffed animals.
    My small dogs each have a gift. Bean has found his gift twice and I found him with it. This time I hide his gift high up.

Stacie Lposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Dogs are always grateful for whatever they get.

3. Besarien profile image83
    Besarienposted 2 years ago

We do. Our current dog and former cat unwrapped their own tissue paper wrapped present and felt very much a part of the festivities under the tree on Christmas morning. They almost always got the same thing- home made jerky treats for the dog and for the cat a homemade catnip toy It is keeping them safe until Christmas morning that is the real trick. For the last few years we put them wrapped into an empty cooler in the garage and wrapped a bungie cord to keep the lid on- it has worked! We also let them join in holiday dinners in a very small way- a little turkey on thanksgiving for example. This year for Christmas I am doing a goose, so the dog will get a little taste along with her dog food. This is our second Christmas without our beloved cat who passed right before Thanksgiving last year. Whew! First time typing about it that I haven't teared up. Pets really are part of the family. Merriest of Christmases to you and yours Stacie L!

It hurts after 9 years without my 23 year old cat so i know what you mean.
      Pets bring great joy while they are here.

4. iggy7117 profile image81
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

Yes, she is family and gets to open presents as the family does. Considering is was just me and her a few years we had to make it special, my cat listened to me on many nights and she is good company, she gets treats all year long but gets some extra toys and treats at christmas.

Cats are great listeners!

5. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image78
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 2 years ago

We do.  Now that our children are out and on their own we shower our dog Sammy with all the attention.  He is a wonderful dog, full of life and love.  We fill a stocking for him each Christmas.

How nice!

6. Jonesy96 profile image61
    Jonesy96posted 2 years ago

We like to- our aussie gets new stuffed animals/squeakers and a few treats, and our bearded dragon usually gets some extra treats or something to sun herself on.

working