jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How soon is too soon for Christmas decorations in shops?

1. Karin Weakley profile image82
    Karin Weakleyposted 19 months ago

How soon is too soon for Christmas decorations in shops?

2. WiccanSage profile image95
    WiccanSageposted 19 months ago

I don't mind them springing up sometime in November; I realize the flurry of shopping that starts on Black Friday (or Black Thanksgiving, or Black day before Thanksgiving as it is now becoming) kind of leaves stores in too much of a crunch to worry about decorating.

But dang, let me enjoy my autumn while at lasts. At least don't have Christmas trees and wreathes in the seasonal section when I'm still trying to shop for my Halloween party.

Craft stores are different... because you need to get stuff early if you're going to make it in time for a holiday. So I'm okay with Halloween & Christmas stuff popping up in craft shops in August. But for other retail stores... give me some time. I don't want to think about the holiday season in mid-October.

3. gregas profile image82
    gregasposted 19 months ago

I would like it to go back to the old days when Christmas, everywhere, started the day after Christmas, when Santa Clause would start showing up at the stores.

4. Paxash profile image98
    Paxashposted 19 months ago

I think any time before Halloween is too soon. Stores should at least let October finish out before they start setting up for Christmas.

5. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 19 months ago

Don't put up any Christmas stuff until after you've taken down the Halloween stuff. My child shouldn't have to ask me if Christmas or Halloween comes first because both have sections in the seasonal aisle (true story).