jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Holiday Meals! What do you like to eat for the holidays?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 16 months ago

Holiday Meals! What do you like to eat for the holidays?

Let's talk about holiday food! What are your favorite things to eat during holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines, July 4th and other days?  How about birthdays and anniversaries?

2. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 16 months ago

Smoked turkey is our favorite for Thanksgiving/Christmas.  It's the only time we make it and when we do we make plenty.

Valentines often finds me making a yummy heart shaped meatloaf and heart shaped chocolate cake.

The 4th has gotta be burgers, big fat juicy well flavored burgers.

Birthdays, well, the boy or girl (big or little) gets to pick the meal. 

Now I should be mad at you 'cause I'm thinkin' I'll soon be blowin' all the diet and exercise progress I've made!  wink  But I'm not.  Thinking about the holidays and all the good food is a good reason to smile.  smile

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 16 months ago

My family is fairly traditional for the most part.  Some of our family dinners may be culturally traditional exclusive to our ethnicity & heritage but I guarantee it's always fabulous.
    Thanksgiving is Turkey & all of the trimmings...maybe even some surprises. Lots of delicious home made foods & the very BEST stuffing & gravy this side of the Mississippi!
    Christmas we do Italian....in 6 lavish Italian courses from soup, salad & appetizers to 3 different pasta dishes with homemade meatballs & Italian sausage...4 different gourmet sauces & imported cheeses.  .right down to delicate Italian desserts and Espresso with Italian Creme Liquer.....even Italian music and all the green and red of Christmas and the Italian Flag!  "Bona Natale!!"

I think I just talked myself into being quite hungry!  Enjoy your Holidays!

4. Amanda108 profile image93
    Amanda108posted 16 months ago

Heavy comfort foods! Traditional turkey and mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. Personally I'd prefer turkey for Christmas and Easter as well, rather than ham. Also sliced cheese. Ooh, and rolls with interesting butter (such as apple or pumpkin) at all of those. And of course desserts such as the aforementioned pumpkin pie, but also cheesecake or triple berry pie. A particular favorite in our family is my mom's to-die-for raspberry jello, made thick and creamy (but still smooth) with sour cream and tart with whole raspberries sprinkled throughout. On Valentine's Day the most important thing is definitely the chocolate! For 4th of July I may want to add in ice cream or fresh watermelon, but fried chicken or grilled burgers are my meat of choice. Pretty much any of those will work just fine for a birthday dinner, too!