jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your favorite holiday?

1. Faeriephenomenon profile image60
    Faeriephenomenonposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite holiday?

2. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago

My absolute favorite holiday is Easter, because it celebrates not only the Resurrection of Christ, but the new life of Spring.  My next favorite would easily be Christmas.  After that, Thanksgiving.  Because I celebrate holidays with a religious tinge, though, Easter and Christmas both begin a "season" for me, which is why I like them both better than Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving is just one day as far as holiday celebration, and I sometimes feel sad that life just carries on as usual the next day.  smile

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Although I love all holidays and those during the summer months are quite fun, Thanksgiving is my sentimental favorite. It's not about partying, exchanging gifts, or professing love. It's about family and loved ones coming together to eat and enjoy each other's company. (Very similar to a "Fall family reunion")It's a time to acknowlege one's blessings and being thankful for being able to be together once again.

4. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

My favorite is the 4th of July
    What can I say, I'm a guy. I love BBQ and blowing things up. What's not to love?

5. sunitibahl9 profile image69
    sunitibahl9posted 6 years ago

sometimessleeping but mostly outing with loved ones,,, good food, movie and lots and lots of shopping.

6. CeresTine profile image57
    CeresTineposted 6 years ago

My favorite is Christmas. It's the longest holiday ever. I love the decors, carols, camaraderie and festive atmosphere brought about by the most wonderful time of the year.

working