Have you ever received or mailed anyone (cash) through the regular postal system

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 16 months ago

Have you ever received or mailed anyone (cash) through the regular postal system?

If so what is the most you have ever mailed or received and did you worry about it not arriving? Many years ago it was not unusual for people to mail a child in particular a birthday card with some money inside. In this modern era of "bill pay", PayPal, and gift cards do you think people still take the chance of sending (cash) to each other through the (regular mail)? If so, why???

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13318047_f260.jpg

2. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 16 months ago

When I stopped sending gifts to nephews and nieces for Christmas I sent cash. The most I have sent is $20. I never really worried. A matter of fact today with package thefts from porches on such a steep rise I feel it may be safer. Anyway, I always got a thank you card from them or note from my sibling.

A footnote is I do use PayPal to loan money to friends on occasion and they pay me back that way.

3. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 16 months ago

Yes, about two years ago I sent $5.00 in a security envelope to someone.  You couldn't tell there was money in the envelope. They received it with no problems.  For larger amounts though (over $20) I would most likely write a check or use Pay Pal.

working