jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

U.S. Veterans Who Will Be Sleeping On The Street This Christmas. Will You Take O

1. wrenchBiscuit profile image83
    wrenchBiscuitposted 17 months ago

U.S. Veterans Who Will Be Sleeping On The Street This Christmas. Will You Take One Home With You?

On any given night there are approx. 50,000 homeless veterans with no where to go, and no place to lay their head. I was talking to Jesus,  today, and just last week I had a conversation with Santa Claus. They both agreed that we should all remember the homeless veterans this Christmas, and provide them with something other than a cardboard box, an abandoned warehouse, or a city sidewalk. It is easy to for us to say we love and respect someone, but it is often not so easy to show it. Merry Christmas!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13322380_f260.jpg

2. profile image57
    Norine Williamsposted 17 months ago

Unfortunately, I only have a four bedroom home and my children (2) and their children (5) will be coming home for the holidays which leaves "no room in the inn!" 

I currently have two homeless veterans working for me now; one painting and wallpapering and the other doing yard work which will increase their funds for the holidays! 

When Katrina happened, we had a two-story commercial building in which the top floor had not yet been leased and I personally went to the convention center and scouted for those who needed a place to stay and brought them back to the facility where they stayed until they were 'settled!'  Of those assisted was a married couple, a lesbian couple, a single Federal employee and their children. 

I say all of this to say, If I had the room, I would accommodate!  Serving those in need is not something that goes lacking in my life!

I ALWAYS ask myself "WWJD?"  It comes "naturally" when one is "IN CHRIST!"

Merry Christmas!

And May God Continue to Bless ALL!

Norine

1. wrenchBiscuit profile image83
      wrenchBiscuitposted 17 months agoin reply to this

And so your answer is no. But you will not be the exception to the rule. Your past kindness will not keep the homeless vet warm on Christmas Eve. Nor will it buy U a ticket to heaven.

2. profile image57
      Norine Williamsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

If you can't be "charitable" with those you live with, what makes you think you can with 'strangers?'    I Jn 4:20 "...for he that loveth not his brother (family) whom he hath seen, how can he love GOD whom he hat not seen?"
      GOD knows the heart!

3. wrenchBiscuit profile image83

Are you saying that you are not charitable with those you live with? Why?

4. profile image57

"Now I am ready to visit you for the THIRD TIME...for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children" (IICor12:14)! Read vs 15-16!
      I do the WILL of GOD!
      I know 'my place!' Let me teach u yours!
      Blessings

5. wrenchBiscuit profile image83

There is no love or charity! Only selfish people, including Christians, who can talk the talk, but not walk the walk. Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! While the image of God lies dead in the streets; adrift in a sea of humanity so bitter and cold.

6. profile image57

GOD knows my heart!

working