How do you plan to celebrate New Year's Eve?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 14 months ago

How do you plan to celebrate New Year's Eve?

Do you have any family or neighborhood traditions for New Year's Eve?

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 14 months ago

New Year's Eve is a very special night in a personal way to me.  However, I usually go out to dinner, early in the evening with friends & family and then safely tuck myself in at home.  I like to watch the New Year's specials on TV( I especially enjoy Kathy Griffin & Anderson Cooper) & hopefully I stay awake until the ball drops.  I also focus on my resolutions, which by the way, I actually do my best to follow throughout the year.
    For many years I participated in the big parties/Dinner Dances, but not for at least the last 12 years.
    To all those who still do this, have a wonderful night, but please be very safe on the roads.  Better yet, plan to stay overnight where you are.
    Wishing all the best year ever.  Peace, Paula

3. pagesvoice profile image84
    pagesvoiceposted 14 months ago

On New Year Eve's day for at least 15 years I have made sausage stuffed mushrooms that we bring to our best friend's house. We also purchase champagne and fresh strawberries in order to end the old year on a positive note.

On New Year's Eve, I do lobster tails and crab cakes for my wife. We also have an old tradition where we will place coins (quarters, nickels, and dimes) outside our front door. Then, on New Year's day, the loose change is gathered and brought back inside. My wife and her family believe this is a way of bringing money into the house all year long.

working