jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What was your favorite Christmas gift received? Why?

1. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image95
    Gina Welds-Hulseposted 13 months ago

What was your favorite Christmas gift received? Why?

We don't focus on gifts at Christmas.  It is all about the true meaning of Christmas.  However, I received a gift that I absolutely loved. 
    My neighbor found out that I love Doctor Who and bought me a coffee mug with the disappearing and reappearing TARDIS.

It is so much fun to watch the TARDIS vanish from one side and reappear on the other side.
    Your turn.  Share with me....

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13357935_f260.jpg

2. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 13 months ago

My favorite gift was an act of love. My grandson, Tyler filled my woodshed twice for me, once before Christmas with wood I had stacked a ways from the house and the second time after Christmas with a fresh load of green split wood he had gotten from a friend doing a logging job nearby. He bought me some nice things as well but the wood detail meant so much more. I'm getting older and its not as easy for me to do by myself anymore.

Gina Welds-Hulseposted 13 months agoin reply to this

I love that!  My neighbor invited us over several times to enjoy the fire they built for the kids....for smores, etc.  It was so nice to jut enjoy the warmth and the company.  I can imagine that having wood available is so nice.  Thanks for sharing.

3. KsenijaZ profile image92
    KsenijaZposted 13 months ago

An invitation to the movies by my friend (now my husband) smile

Gina Welds-Hulseposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Awesome!  Was that this past Christmas? :-)

2. KsenijaZ profile image92
      KsenijaZposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Christmas 2010 ☺

4. Rachel L Alba profile image93
    Rachel L Albaposted 13 months ago

I have two favorites.  A pair of earrings from my granddaughter, because she paid for and picked them out herself and perfume from my husband because he had knee surgery and couldn't go out shopping so he made sure he got something for me before hand.

Gina Welds-Hulseposted 12 months agoin reply to this

That is truly something to cherish, when your husband still gets something even recovering from illness.  Your granddaughter's gift is precious.  When they get to that point of using their own money, it's a gift to treasure, simple or great.

working