jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is your favorite Christmas you received as a child?

1. starstream profile image76
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite Christmas you received as a child?

2. engelfantasydream profile image60
    engelfantasydreamposted 6 years ago

chocolate and candies hahaha..well eversince im so shallow,, so simple things makes me happy!!!..smile

3. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

my very favorite Chrstmas gift was a stereo. I was 12 years old and still believed in Santa Claus. When I awoke on Christmas morning, a huge box was under the tree. It had not been there the night before. So, it musta' been Santa.

I anxiously opened it. There was a stereo....it was gray and had two speakers. It even came with a spindle, if I remember the name correctly. It was the fat, cylindrical device to put over the metal rod extending upwars that the 33 1/3 albums went over. it was used to play the 45's....
    i was overwhelmed. it was my gift. we did not have money for more. that however was MORE than enough.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think I was about 10 or 11 and I was a huge Barbie fan.  The local grocery store had a series of large toys that were displayed on that top rail/shelf that is above the produce section.  One of them was as Dream Kitchen.  A kitchen set with fridge, stove, sink, dishwasher, tabel, chairs and accessories - all perfect size for the Barbie.  I wanted that so bad I could taste it.

I kept looking under the tree for a box that size.  It was finally there Christmas morning.  That was a gift that I thoroughly enjoyed and played with almost every day for a couple of years.

5. mariale2003 profile image60
    mariale2003posted 6 years ago

As a Big Barbie fan like "Duffsmom"...So I received a the Barbie motor home, with all the furniture and barbeque grill, sleeping bags, etc ,everything the Barbie will need to be ready for camping...I still having it...at my moms house but still alive.

6. catchpennyfashion profile image58
    catchpennyfashionposted 6 years ago

I was a huge nerd and a big fan of computers. We didn't have one at home and I had wanted one since I was about 6. Two years later "Santa" surprised me. He left me a note under the Christmas tree saying that my gift was upstairs in the spare room. My parents had turned that room into a computer room and had gotten me a brand new computer. I was so excited I started to cry.

7. gryphin423 profile image70
    gryphin423posted 6 years ago

I was about 7 or 8 and my aunt made me 3 ft tall Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. Loved them for years!

8. prettylittlewhims profile image60
    prettylittlewhimsposted 6 years ago

@engelfantasydream
    I don't think you're shallow. You just know how to enjoy the simple things:D

I remember the time time when I received a mini m&m's candy machine, the yellow oblong one:D It was a big deal to me since I have always been allergic to chocolate. And to receive that gift and for it not confiscated by my parents is so memorable:D

But now that I think of it, I remember them refusing to refill it. hahaha.

note: I'm not allergic to chocolate much anymore. I just have to eat in moderation or just eat lots of fruits and vegetables to compensate for it:D

9. sharewhatuknow profile image69
    sharewhatuknowposted 6 years ago

My first bicycle. I had also just turned 7 a few days prior, so after my birthday this was a real sweet treat. 

My father took me to a large parking lot and proceeded to teach me how to ride my new bike for the first time. 

He of course was aware of falling off a bike and asphalt, so he took his time to teach me a few yards at a time, running along side me in case I tipped over. Of course I did lean over very precariously several times, him grabbing my bicycle to prevent a fall...

Then one day he pushed me off and I pedaled away like I had been riding a bicycle all my life. I didn't fall and I was so proud of myself-I then pedaled back to him and we both met each other with huge smiles and cheers!!

BTW, we lived in Phoenix, AZ at the time. Good thing. With snow, ice and nasty winter weather in most places except in the southwest, there is no way I could have learned how to ride a bicycle at that time of year.

working