What is your favorite Christmas song?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 10 years ago

What is your favorite Christmas song?

It is hard for me to choose just one Christmas song for I truly love so many, but if I had to choose just one, it would be "I Wonder as I Wander."  This song rings so true to me, for I truly wonder ...

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8551264_f260.jpg

2. bethperry profile image82
    bethperryposted 10 years ago

Oh gosh, I like several. My favorite used to be "O Holy Night!" but then we had a cat that loved me to sing her "Silent Night". Although she got old and has now passed, I always think of her when I hear it. So yeah, guess that one is my favorite smile

Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi bethperry, I am sorry about your cat.  That is a sweet thing to share and I thank you for doing so.  I love "Silent Night" too.  Hugs and blessings

2. bethperry profile image82
      bethperryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Faith Reaper. She had a good long life, though -reached 13 years old. Bright blessings smile

3. Faith Reaper profile image83

I understand.  We had our kitty for 17 years.  Blessings

3. profile image0
    Kevina Oyatedorposted 10 years ago

Jingle Bells, Silver Bells, O Holy Night, Amazing Grace, Joy to the World to name a few.

Hello Kevina Oyatedor, thank you for answering.  Those are all great songs indeed!  I actually heard a strange fact just this day that Jingle Bells was originally written as a song for Thanksgiving!  I was surprised!

4. dashingscorpio profile image82
    dashingscorpioposted 10 years ago

When it's all said and done I have to go with Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song". It's a classic that never gets old.

Oh, yes, dashingscorpio, thanks for the reminder of that beautiful song.  It is a true classic and great.

5. profile image61
    ElleBeeposted 10 years ago

Like the others below, I definitely have so many!  I enjoy "O Come, O Come Emmanuel,"  I also like "Mary Did You Know" and "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" for a little (secular) variety.

Hi ElleBee, yes, there are so many and it is so hard to choose for sure.  You have chosen a wonderful variety.  I really love "Mary Did You Know" too.

6. profile image0
    lambservantposted 10 years ago

I think Mary Did You Know? is a very powerful song. And I love Michael Card's Joseph's Song (best song by Mercy Me in my opinion).

As far as traditional music nothing beats the joy and splendor of  Handel's Messiah. O Holy Night amazing. I Wonder as I Wander was down beautifully on Barbara Streisand's Christmas album.

Hi lambservant, Yes, that is such a powerful song for sure.  I love Mercy Me and that song is really one of their best songs without a doubt!  O Holy Night is truly amazing and so beautiful, for it was truly a Holy Night!

2. teaches12345 profile image78
      teaches12345posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I do love this song, Mary Did You know,  as well.  The message is to powerful!

Yes, the message is very powerful.  Thanks for commenting dear teaches.

7. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

I like you love so many. Even Jingle Bells and Ave Maria ring into and through my soul. Which are such opposites. But there is a special song to me which will always be my special song. It is about a boy with absolutely nothing who wants to give so much to a newborn baby.
    To me it is the purity of a child come to earth to give his very soul to others. It is and will be song by countless little children to the awe and amazement of their parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and those with none for Christmas. And it will every year bring tears of joy to countless as we celebrate the wonderment and grace of a newborn King.

"Come they told me. A newborn King to see. How shall I honor Him?" And the child gives all he has by beating a drum, that in fact he must have used to guide the sheep in from the pasture to safety and comfort. This story and song remind me to follow that King as a child and with all I got.

Hi Eric, Oh, that is my husband's favorite song too!  There are too many to try to choose just one.  You chose a wonderful one indeed!  God bless you and yours.

2. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh please do not ask again tomorrow!!!! Thanks Faith for a very happy question, it is like which candy to eat first? -- Peace to all and to all a good night.

hehehe, I promise ... I will not do so : )

8. Hakpenguin profile image72
    Hakpenguinposted 10 years ago

Rudolph The Rednose Raindeer and Jingle Bells

they have a special meaning for me

Hello Hakpenguin, thank you so much for answering.  Oh, we also love to watch the show Rudolph and sing both songs with our grands.  Loads of joy!

9. Dee aka Nonna profile image61
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 10 years ago

I never met a Christmas song I didn't like, but two that came to mind very quickly came straight out of my childhood.  Silent Night because my mother always, always sang that song to us after reading us the story of the birth of the Christ child.  And, I know you asked for just one....... but, there is Joy to the World.  My mother would remind us often that we can be the joy that the world so desperate need.

Hi Dee aka Nonna, thank you so much for answering.  Oh, those are two of the most beautiful song no doubt!  I can understand how those would be held dear to your heart if your mother sang them to you. My grands love Angels We Have Heard on High.

10. Inspired 4 U profile image64
    Inspired 4 Uposted 10 years ago

At this present moment in time, "Mary Did You Know" by Celo Green comes to mind because it is the last and newest song I heard that I thought was so beautiful. I played it repeatedly till I fell asleep when I first heard it. http://youtu.be/UooJtOvvZDo

Hi Inspird 4 U, aw, thank you for sharing.  That is so sweet.  God bless.

11. ocfireflies profile image71
    ocfirefliesposted 10 years ago

This is an easy question for me:  "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen."
    Blessings,
    Kim

Hi Kim, very nice choice!  I am realizing I love all Christmas songs : )

12. sallieannluvslife profile image79
    sallieannluvslifeposted 10 years ago

I agree with everyone else, there are so many and it is hard not to love most of them...but my favorites would be "O Holy Night" , "Go Tell It On the Mountain" and "The Little Drummer Boy".  Merry, Merry Christmas, everyone!

Hello sallieannluvslife, I love your hubber name!  Those are really great choices.  Oh, "Go Tell It On ?The Mountain" is really one of my favorites.  I had forgotten!  My husband loves "The Little Drummer Boy" too.  Bless you

13. profile image60
    Mills Pposted 6 years ago

My favorites include The Christmas Song (the 1946 original single from Nat King Cole), Someday At Christmas (Stevie Wonder), Little Red Shoes (Jerry Butler), and Green Chri$tma$ (Stan Freberg).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)