jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Who has started their Holiday shopping?

1. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago

and are you shopping on-line or in-store?

I am just about to start-all on-line

big_smile

I can't believe it's Dec 5th! already!

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image95
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not yet but for what is probably about the twentieth year in a row, I have "Promised" myself I am not going to leave it all until Christmas Eve. smile Nearly got caught out badly last year with shops closing unexpectedly early...

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Notice me too, I'm forever just about to start *sigh*

Let's do it this year then no stress?

big_smile

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

In-store.  I like to see what I'm buying.

1. profile image0

see that right there is Presidential stuff lol

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

in store...done....had to do it early - so i can take off before the action starts and start my own fun

1. profile image0

your my superstar cool

3. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I'm almost done! Everything I've bought is wrapped and under the tree.

1. profile image0

you go girl!  hmm:

I am so needing an energy drink or something even illegal to get my butt in gear!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh  yikes

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Not buying any this year, can't afford to. But, I have all the supplies I need for my Christmas dinner and will be making cookies to give to my super, maybe the postwoman, local friends, etc.

1. profile image0

you know what that sounds really cool.  seriously.

5. MickeySr profile image85
    MickeySrposted 5 years ago

I am terrible at shopping, probably most particularly Christmas shopping. I follow no sensible or common rules . . . I am single-minded, when I buy food I buy only what I want to eat, no consideration of the cost, preparation time, etc. and when I buy gifts, I only buy if and when I find something I think someone will like . . . I don't follow prearranges price ranges or name-drawing, etc. I have 6 kids and sometimes I'll get something for 1 or 2 of them and nothing for the others, because i found something I thought those 1 or 2 would like and didn't find anything for the others.

My wife keeps track of everything and everyone gets their fair share, but, for instance; my father was 1st generation French Canadian (my grandparents moved to Canada from France), so my heritage is largely French. My oldest daughter is a Francophile and teaches French - the other year I got her a vintage French edition of Jules Verne's "Une Ville Flottante" (A Floating City), one year I got one of my sons a guitar, etc . . . I figure it all works-out in the end and no one is left out for too many years, and they all know I love them - it just seems goofy to me to buy something for one person that you don't really think they'll like because you bought something for another that you know they will like.

6. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Started and finished. lol

1. profile image0

mad

Just researched my first one today  hmm:

And I bought myself something I swear lol

working