- Holidays and Celebrations
Spooky Halloween Décor | Halloween Party Ideas
"Transylvania Hotel" Themed Spooky Party
You've been invited to the Transylvania Hotel this Halloween season. This party will have spooky Halloween décor everywhere!
Think Gothic, old European castles, vampires, werewolves and Frankenstein. Think bats, coffins, black lace, blood red and lots of candles. We're going to set a stage, a scene if you will, that will transport your guests for the evening.
The ideas and photos are from my very own Transylvania party! I made a lot of the decorations and all the food. Wanna come along to my Halloween party? Your invited, but...
Your invitations should be gothic and red and black to convey the Count Dracula Colors.
Spooky Halloween Décor for Your Party - Blood Dripping Candles
Blood dripping candles are a great decor item for any vampire themed buffet and party. Buy them ready-made or make them yourself by dripping red taper candles down the shaft of white taper candles! It's easy!
These are ready made to bleed... Just light them...
for your Spooky Halloween Party
Make this blood dripping assorted candle holders centerpiece. Use it on your dinner table, buffet table, entry table, mantel, sofa table or coffee table. It will bring the right amount of eerie to the party!
Dracula's Coffin - for a Spooky Halloween Party
This coffin is perfect size to add to your buffet table or on the dining table. 8 inches in length makes it a perfect fit where ever you want to use it.
Peel and Stick Transylvania Castle - Spooky Halloween Decor
This is a perfect decor accent for your Halloween party. Peel and stick to any wall. After the party, simply remove -- no glue or nails needed and it won't ruin your paint!
* Play old black and white horror films on your television, muted during the party.
* Create your castle by draping the furniture in tattered faux black or red velvet. Or cover dining chairs in cheesecloth and ripe a couple of holes for the warn look.
* Make copies on your computer of some of your family photos. Only this time, photoshop some fangs, hairy hands and and faces in to shock your guests!
* Hang black plastic garbage bags cut in a gothic pattern above your windows and current window treatments.
* Use your candelabras or borrow some from friends or family. String spider webbing between the arms and down the base. (Keep webbing away from fire.)
* Drape your dining table or buffet table in red and then use black lace as an overlay.
* Fill vases with dried flowers like roses. Alternatively, use blood red fresh roses to accent your entry table, mantel or a bookcase.
* Pick up an old chandelier at a garage sale or thrift store and spray paint it flat black. Use red light bulbs or candles in the chandelier and string spider webbing between the arms. Let some hang down from the bottom as well. The more you stretch it the more real it looks. Hang above the center of the room or the dining table for an elegant, spooky effect.
* Serve blood red punch in clear wine glasses.
* Fill your menu with ghoulish themed foods.
* Buy an old ornate picture frame from a thrift store and spray paint it black. Paint the glass silver. It will look like a mirror when hung but won't show a reflection -- just like a vampire.
Spooky Halloween Coffin Couch Cover
This slipcover will turn any couch (72" to 96") into a creepy coffin. Because it's made of plastic, you get the benefit of protecting your sofa from spills and stains at the same time!
I love spooky decor that does double duty!
5 Arm Spooky Halloween Decor Candelabra
This is your classic accent piece for a spooky party. You have to have a black candelabra as part of your decor. Set it on the buffet, entry table, coffee table or mantel. Definitely adds to the spooky atmosphere!
LED candles make it safe to set almost anywhere!
Prop Candelabra - for Spook Halloween Decor
This battery operated candelabra is the perfect choice for an area that has lots of people. You don't want anyone catching a sleeve on fire. Consider it for your buffet table, especially. Gives the glowing ambiance you want without the fear of an open flame.
The Bar or Liquid Libation Table
Decorate this up too!
Most parties will host a bar of some sort (doesn't have to be alcohol).
* Use themed punch bowls, shaped ice cubes, scary glasses and more for your guests to enjoy the liquid libations.
* Come up with a signature cocktail or "potion" and serve it from a punch bowl or cauldron with smoke rising from the top using dry ice.
* Use led lighted ice cubes to give an eerie glow to the glasses.
* Make a centerpiece for your bar area using a spooky candelabra, stacked cake plates covered with assorted garnishes for drinks, or an animated spooky figurine to greet your guest as they serve themselves at the bar.
Fang Shaped Ice Cubes - for a Spooky Party
Add some fun to the drinks of your guests by using "fang" shaped ice cubes. They'll do a double take of their glass for sure!
Creepy Cloth has many Scary Decor Uses
Cover your bar, table, chairs or windows with this gauzy, creepy looking cloth. It'll give the effect of an old Transylvania castle full of years old cobwebs.
This piece of fabric is 60" wide with a 20" drop. Use it over lamp shades, on a mantel, as a valence over a door or window or on your table -- virtually anywhere you want to "batty" it up a bit. You'll use this fabric year after year!
Have a safe and happy Halloween everyone.
Thanks for Reading
Spooky Halloween Party Décor
I hope you have been inspired to create your own Spooky Halloween Party!