Accomplishments for 2019
This year was very productive and rewarding. I accomplished more than I anticipated. Time went by month after month and events just happened and I got involved. I made progress on many fronts and here is a summary.
- Dec. 2019
The Long List...
- Attended the Asian Alumni Lunar New Year dinner.
- Attended the Alumni Varsity Hall of Fame induction dinner.
- Inventing EPEJIG, EPECAP and applying for Trademarks
- Inventing EPEQR body cord...and testing...
- Archives tribute to Townsend Harris
- Organized a talk by Jeff Bukantz (see poster below)
- Try to publicize the plight of the Alumni House building
- Organized a showing of Crazy Rich Asian movie on campus
- Hosting visit to CCNY campus by David Goodstein
- Organized a reunion dinner of Fencing teammates
- Attended Matthew Goodman's new book kick-off at the Great Hall the City Games
- Bill Warren's article published in the Alumnus Magazine page 10.
- Trip to Thailand and Vietnam
- Attended the Alumni GALA event
- Plaque honoring Don Jordan (see photo below)
- Helped Produced a new Newsletter for Fencing Athletics
- Participated in a Veteran epee tournament - came in at 9th out of 26.
- Published eBook - The Goodness of America
- Participated in a Financial Workshop
- Reached a new milestone of 700 articles on Hubpages.
- Volunteered at the CCNY Archives along with Jerry Moy to catalog and scan team photos (we have over 3000 photos catalogued)
- Made two wood benches and two log end tables.
- Attended numerous colloquiums at the Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory
- Paying tribute to a great fellow fencer - Jamie Melcher
Jeff Bukantz Talk on CCNY Olympian Fencer
Honoring Don Jordan
Team Reunion Dinner
This was a busy year with lots of challenges. This is my way of giving back to the school that gave me so much.
I got more involved with the working of the Alumni association. As a board member of the Asian Alumni affiliate, I was asked to sit in at the Alumni executive board meetings. More to come in 2020...
Some Related Info
- The City College Alumni Association - Asian Alumni
The Alumni Association of The City College of New York/CUNY can trace its origin to the first graduating class. On July 26, 1853, members of the class, meeting in the chapel of the original building on 23rd Street, formed the Associate Alumni of The
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Jack Lee