- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
Happiness Tips, Quotes and Sayings
What is Happiness?
Happiness is different things to different people. When I first started this hub I thought I would be using just quotes and sayings. As I started picking out the quotes I began to think about how differently each person defines the meaning of happiness and how differently the same emotion seems to effect each person. So...I decided to expand this little hub to include a section listing some of the things different people memtioned made them happy. Along with that I thought well, maybe I'll include a little area that gives hints on how to be happy. Most of all I want to show that everyone finds hapiness from different places. The only one who can really make you happy is you.
- Plan to be happy - Make up your mind that you will be happy, to do this you need to...make happy goals.
- Build a network of friends filled with happy positive people. Stay away from negativity.
- Understand that both bad and good things happen to everyone. Don't dwell on the bad.
- Count your blessings.
- Laugh everyday. Watch a funny sitcom, tell a joke, join up for the joke of the day.
- Do things that make you happy. If you like to walk in the rain - do it.
- Know your strengths and use them. If you are good at something, no matter what it is, it will make you happy to be involed in doing it. For example: if you are good at making jewelry, make it. If you are good at cleaning and derive pleasure from it - do it.
- Appreciate what you have.
- Learn to love yourself and others
- Practice compassion and try making others happy. There's no better way to be happy than to make someone else happy.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Eat right and exercise.
- Control what you can and accept what you can't control
- Set priorities and manage your time.
- Accept that you are the only one responsible for your own happiness.
Happiness Quotes and Sayings
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. - Albert Schweitzer
- Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give. - Eleanor Roosevelt
- But what is happiness escept the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads? - Albert Camus
- We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same. - Anne Frank
- Happiness is spiritual, born of Truth and Love. It is unselfish; therefore it cannot exist alone, but requires all mankind to share it. - Mary Baker Eddy
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. - Marcel Proust
- Being happy is something you have to learn. I often surprize myself by saying "Wow, this is it. I guess I'm happy. I got a home I love. A career I love. I'm even feeling more and more at peace with myself. " If there's something else to happiness, let me know. I'm ambitious for that, too. - Harrison Ford
- Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence. - Aristotle
- The best way for a person to have happy thoughts is to count his blessings and not his cash. - Author Unknown
- Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have. - Anon
- If only we'd stop trying to be happy we'd have a pretty good time. - Edith Wharton
- Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness. - George Santayana
- Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. - Robert Heinlein
- Happiness is the feeling you're feeling when you want to keep feeling it. - Author Unknown
- I can only think of one thing greater than being happy and that is to help another to be happy, too. - Jim Thomson
- All seasons are beautiful for the person who carries happiness within. - Horace Friess
- Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln
- People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy. - Anton Chekhov
- Action may not bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. - Benjamin Disraeli
- The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet. - James Oppenheim
- Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens. - Douglas Jerrold
- We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. - Frederick Keonig
- The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. - Ben Franklin
- Everything is material for the seed of happiness. If you look into it with inquisitivenesws and curosity. The future is completely open, and we are writing it moment to moment. There always is the potential to create and environment of blame -- or one that is conducive to loving-kindness. - Pema Chodron
- On the whole, the happiest people seem to be those who have no particular cause for being happy except that they are so. - William R. Inge
- Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections. - Anon
- No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy. - Thomas Fuller
- Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude. - Denis Waitley
- Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. - Groucho Marx
- Be happy. It's one way of being wise. - Sidonie Gabrielle
- Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life. - Burton Hills
- When we feel love and kindness towards others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace. - The Dalai Lama
- If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes. - Andrew Carnegie
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. - Helen Keller
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the chasming gardeners who make our souls blossom. - Marcel Proust
- The greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being. - Tenzin Gyatso
- Love is when the other person's happiness is more imprtant than your own. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- A string of excited, fugitive, miscellaneous pleasures is no happiness; happiness resides in imaginative reflection and judgement, when the picture of one's life, or of human, as it truly has been or is, satifies the will, and is gladly accepted. - George Santayana
- The grand essentials of happiness are:something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. - Allan K. Chalmers
- Optimist: Person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness. - Mark Twain
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. - Mahatma Gandhi
- holding a baby
- having faith in the goodness of man
- a smile
- sharing a secret
- being loved
- a warm hug
- getting a good grade
- a long walk
- a new snowfall
- holding a wiggling puppy
- a purring kitten
- being with the ones you love
- reading a good book
- having a good hair day
- starting a great new job
- winning an award or prize
- the warmth of a fireplace
- a nice warm coat on a cool winter's day
- dancing in the rain
- the smell of a clean house
- finding a penny heads-up
- being told you're beautiful
- helping a loved one
- leaving for vacation
- watching a good movie
- a cool breeze
- holding hands
- a warm kiss
- a raise in pay
- dancing to your own beat
- making a good decision
- having a best friend
- doing your own thing
- having dinner with your family
- waking up each morning
Other quote hubs by koffeeklatch gals
- Trust Quotes, Sayings and Tips
Trust The ability to let others into your life so you can create a relationship built on mutual respect, caring and concern. Letting others know your feelings and emotions. Opening yourself up to let...
- Forgiveness Quotes and Sayings
Most of us can forgive and forget, we just don't want the other person to forget that we forgave. ~ Ivern Ball Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting. ~ ...
- Human Nature Quotes and Sayings
It's human nature to keep doing something as long as its pleasurable and you can succeed at all - which is why the world population continues to double every ten years. ~ Peter Lynch All people have...
- Friend Quotes and Sayings
A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~ Douglas Pagels I asked God for a flower, he gave me a garden. Asked for a friend, he gave me you. ...
- Attitude quotes and sayings
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. ~ Maya Angelou Realize that there are not hopeless situations; there are only people who take...
- Inner Beauty Quotes and Sayings
The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depts. These people have an appreciation, a...
- Beauty quotes, sayings and proverbs
Beauty in nature, beauty in face Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential,...