- Books, Literature, and Writing
Love Poems Personified, A Poetry in Motion
My first few attempts on poetry were predominantly love poems. I missed out on saving copies of them but remember a few lines that went:
As gentle as the breeze,
as delicate as a flower,
it’s the feeling that stirs inside me when we are together
As gloomy as the London sky,
as wild as the waves on a storm,
it’s the feeling I have inside me when you’re away and I’m alone
That’s as far as I can remember and I smile at the thought of how I used to see love only from the “romantic” side of life. I guess when you’re young and trying to figure out what you want in the world, you can’t help but be romantic about the whole thing.
Now that some wisdom has found its way into my system love poems have taken on a deeper perspective. A few years back I wanted to capture its effect on people on different levels. I was also very much intrigued about the fact that over 3 million people search for ‘love poems” in a month. Hey, people do like love poems.
I went on and began to write down the words and thought of creating a video for it as well. It was a good venue to exercise my video making skills, after all. And so I put up the video on Youtube two years ago and now would like to share it here along with its written version and its “historical” background.
I treated the love poem in a very sensual manner engaging the use of all the senses to make the experience very personal and quite intimate. I would like you, dear readers, to try something different though. I would wish to add another dimension to this love poem experience. I would wish for the passionate side of you to be involved as you read the poetry.
The process is simple but you must allow yourself to enjoy the whole activity.
- Instead of just going through the poem, let the video play first, close your eyes and allow the music to affect you. If your internet connection is slow, however, play the video for about a second and put into pause until it all loads up. When loaded up play it again for uninterrupted playing.
- As the music ends, play the video again and this time read the poetry on this hub aloud -not the one on the video. It is important that you go at it at your own pace and just let the music carry you through.
- Deliver it in a tone, volume, manner in which the music moves you. Let go of yourself and explore this love poem you have personified.
- Do it as many times as you wish always changing as the music transforms your being. After you have had your fill of personifying the love poem, write down your experience in the comment box.
I would wish to know how the love poem you personally experienced affected your state. Nothing beats the sharing of one’s experience as it brings a whole different dimension to any subject matter.
Love Poems Personified in a personal way – uniquely the reader’s way, enhances the power of poetry and brings in into motion.
I read your words
and hear my soul singing
I hear your melody
and feel my body pulsating
I feel your soul
and taste the sweetness of my being
I taste your lusciousness
ans smell the fragrance of my awakening
I smell your freshness
and celebrate my blooming
You constantly enchant me
with rhyme and reason
with with charm and compassion
You endlessly entice me
with dreams and visions
with imagery and emotions
You consume me
with the might of your reflections
Together we dance to the wind
building a world unlike any other
United we make music with trees
giving rise to mystery and wonder
Combined we invent phrases
capturing the beauty of the great blue yonder
Intertwined we move mountains
producing eternal splendor
Merged we create possibilities
time and space have put asunder
We are one and the same, really
though many would think otherwise
We can never be apart
No matter the ways they scrutinize
We are the spirit that flows freely
to inspire and energize
We are the heart that beats
in all things eternalized
We are life itself....