My 500th Hub - A Year in Review 2017
This is my 500th published hub. It is quite an accomplishments in my three years here on HubPages. I felt it is fitting to use this opportunity to summarize my past year’s accomplishments. Here are my top ten of 2017.
- Feb. 2018
- I organized a reunion of some of my college teammates to coinside with the Asian Alumni annual dinner in Chinatown. It was a great success. Some of us have not been in touched for almost 40 years. Yet, we were together sharing a meal and reminisced about the old days.
- Another reunion of my IBM colleagues was in the work since the summer 2016. It was a year in the planning. I wanted to take the time to reach some of my old colleagues. It had been 15 years since I left IBM. The event finally happened in Aug. of 2017. Here is the webpage I created and almost 40 people showed up.
- I and a few of my teammates started a “Friends of CCNY Fencing” group to help. As part of this effort, I created a webpage here.
- I attended my aunt’s 90th birthday celebration in Taipei, Taiwan. As part of this event, I created a photobook for her.
- On a trip to California, I had the opportunity to visit the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda. I came away with a new appreciation of this President. In honor of Nixon, I created this travel webpage.
- My daughter bought her first house in Irvine CA. I went there and spent two weeks helping her get settled in her new house.
- In September of 2017, I decided to return to the sport of fencing and joined the Fencers Club.
- I also volunteered to serve on the CCNY Asian Alumni board. I will be involved in helping to plan the annual alumni dinner held during the Chinese Lunar New Year.
- Our family decided to spend Christmas vacation in Irvine this past year. My daughter’s new house is just perfect for our family of five. There are lots of room and we had a family dinner in Oceanside on Christmas eve.
- This year’s big story is the economy. The stock market has risen by more than 20% for the year. This is huge. My own IRA pension have gained 20%. I have written an article on investing to help others.
I am truly blessed. This is my third year publishing on HubPages. I can’t believe I have reached the 500th mark. I am having the time of my life here. Besides publishing articles on various topic of interest, I also participate in various forums and debate with other hubbers. We try to be respectful of all opinions.
Happy New Year! It is the year 4716 in the Chinese year of the Dog.
BTW, I have also reached over 50,000 views so far.
© 2018 Jack Lee