jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Freelance Writers: How do you plan your day for writing?

1. MelChi profile image85
    MelChiposted 5 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7004381_f248.jpg
    I would like to find out from other Freelance Writers - what their average day for writing looks like as a matter of interest.  What time do you start writing? How many breaks do you take? How many articles / blogs / chapters do you write on average per day?  When do you finish writing for the day?

1. tamarawilhite profile image88
      tamarawilhiteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Instead of a specific schedule, I aim for at least one article/hub per day. I try to work on it on my lunch break at work or after putting the kids to bed.

MelChiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like a great plan! It's hard trying to fit in writing between everything else, especially with a full time job and family - so hats off to you!! smile

2. wrenfrost56 profile image81
    wrenfrost56posted 5 years ago

I like to start as early as possible and finish as late as I can manage, I juggle a lot of projects at one time, so I don't lose interest in any of my material and every time I go back to it, I can look at it with fresh eyes. I take short but regular breaks as I don't ever want to make writing a chore, and I primarily do it because I love it. I aim for about 4000 words a day, but during school holidays I am lucky to manage a couple of hundred. If I don't ever feel like writing I just go off and do something else, a lot of my work is also spent just thinking about it, especially my fictional work. smile

That's a great point about not making writing out to be a chore, but rather something that you love doing, and doing it when you want to.  4000 words a day is very ambitious...I think I have quite a way to go before I get there, but something to work towards at least! smile

3. LensMan999 profile image48
    LensMan999posted 5 years ago

As a freelance hubber, I would like to think and pre-plan contents for the hub I am going to write on, in order to get a good written hub

I'm with you! I started doing this last week and it's so much better! I don't have to spend wasted time looking up keywords or coming up with the right title. I can just write.

4. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I write when I want. I don't when I don't . When I don't feel like writing, I've got plenty of other productive things I can do.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not that I actually do any of them of course...

2. MelChi profile image85

You're lucky! I think I've got it down as to which hours of the day I am most productive / creative, and which hours of the day I can use to do research, marketing, comments, etc.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are lucky as well. Those who know themselves are those who prosper. smile

working