jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

can everybody allowed to wrute poems if they try

1. profile image44
    alsasposted 8 years ago

can everybody allowed to wrute poems if they try

2. profile image44
    alsasposted 8 years ago

yes , if you try hard, and you have a tallent in it

3. shirleybill profile image54
    shirleybillposted 8 years ago

I do believe that if given an opportunity, and encouraged to do so, that anyone can actually write poetry or anything else that you choose to do. Here is a place that you may want to start at, and you are given free range to write your best or worst poetry without critism. I understand that they will start paying as soon as the traffic increases. They are new but worth a shot: http://articlewritingincome.com

4. profile image44
    mssambroseposted 8 years ago

wow  that's  will  be  great!
    am  a young  upcoming  writer  and  a  nursing  student  and  need  a  place  to  write  for,that  can  help  me  earn!

5. Drax profile image79
    Draxposted 8 years ago

well yes and no...

no1 first off you have to work at it like a job...write every day...

no2 like going to school read as many poets as you can all your life and little by little you learn little things...

no3 walk around with your eyes open, don't laugh, people are so busy they never see that thing that has beauty or pain in front of them

no4 practice practice... some of your work will be good, some bad, some ugly - ugly is generally good, a poem is always better if someone somewhere does not like it

no 5 submit submit - start early and submit your poems to newspapers, magazines and competitions... a lot of the time you will get rejected but do not notice send out 5 more tomorrow

no 6 keep records - where you wrote the poem, what you were thinking about, the date written... years after you start people will ask so this is important

n07 keep your scribbles and early works some day they will be valuable

no8 is this what you really want.... to be a poet and to record what you feel and share it around

no9 do not do it for the money, there is no money in it and anyway money is a form of poison... especially for poets

no 10 believe in yourself... if you really really want it then do it and every single day do something about it, do not sit in a fat chair and say I Wish or do not say If I... go and do it, a little every day... day by day...

Drax

6. nighthag profile image83
    nighthagposted 7 years ago

good poetry can be learned, but great poetry comes from the soul.

Learn to be a good a poet by reading and writing as much as you can, and maybe one day you will find that your mind stops writing as your heart takes over...

Good luck smile

working