jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is anyone on here on lulu.com. I am on it and creating some calenders as well as

1. Sunny Josephine profile image56
    Sunny Josephineposted 8 years ago

Is anyone on here on lulu.com. I am on it and creating some calenders as well as making an e-book. J

2. yoshi97 profile image74
    yoshi97posted 8 years ago

I was on Lulu, but I had a falling out with them when I asked them to  ship me a book and it never arrived.

It would have been all-in-good, but they turned around and said I already signed for and received the book and I hadn't. What made me even angrier was the fact that their own tracking system showed they had never shipped it, the signature they provided me wasn't even the right name, and the tracking number they provided as proof was not mine - was not attached to my name and was not attacked to my account. Could they have messed this up any worse?

However, in all fairness, they did finally refund me, but I actually wanted the book and would have preferred they kept my payment and reshipped (yes, I was willing to test the waters again).

Now, before looking too deep into this, remember that this is an isolated experience and that I did have good experiences with Lulu in the past. I just think they are going through a rough period right now, and I do hope it all mends itself soon. smile

3. Dinah Roseberry profile image54
    Dinah Roseberryposted 8 years ago

I work for a publisher that does not publish fiction, so I use LuLu quite often for my fiction titles and they've provided very good products. I've no complaints.

What I've really found fantastic is that I can design a coffee-table style book as a gift book--and a gift like that really stands out. I made a wedding album for my son and daughter-in-law. It took a lot of time, but came out beautifully! It helps to have the Adobe program on your computer for creating PDFs and InDesign for the actual book design for a project like this.

But for ebooks that are straight forward--fantastic. Also try some of the stock photo sites (I use bigstockphotos.com), buy a photo that really enhances your book, then use the program PhotoShop (or even PictureIt which usally comes with cd photos developed by WalMart) to make a good cover shot to submit instead of the generic ones they provide. It's very cheap to find a good cover photo these days.

There's lots you can do with LuLu.

Dinah (roseberrybooks.com)

4. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 8 years ago

I use blurb.com.  Love it!  Someone should write a hub about the differences between the two sites...

working