jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

CreateSpace vs Lulu.com - which is better??? ( with Poetry in mind)

1. pearlmacb profile image75
    pearlmacbposted 7 years ago

CreateSpace vs Lulu.com - which is better??? ( with Poetry in mind)

....Ive read through a number of hubs & answered questions regarding self-publishing, and have checkout the above online sites, but Im interested to hear of any first-hand experiences?:-))

2. Ritsos profile image44
    Ritsosposted 7 years ago

I've self published one at Lulu .. The service is good but the one problem comes if you want to sell the book ... The cost is high for a single book as it is a very short run .. that said it's nice to get a printed copy for yourself.

don't know about CreateSpace .. may look into that

3. trecords0 profile image60
    trecords0posted 6 years ago

Lulu started out as poetry.com, and being familiar with that site, that's where I first published my works.  About a year later I found out about createspace.  So I republished everything there and released my music there because they are owned by Amazon.  Createspace is a great way to get your works listed on Amazon, and my royalty payments always come on time.  They are also a good way to get into publishing for the Kindel.  I wrote a hub about it when I first started here.

4. pearlmacb profile image75
    pearlmacbposted 6 years ago

Thanx trecords0, I checked out the link you provided, very useful. Ive decided to go with createspace as it is the better option for me. Wish me all the best:)

Rirsos you are absolutely right, lulus set prices are too high! I wasted so much time.... yet thank God I didnt waste any money otherwise i would have been utterly furious.

working