jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Has anyone been "discovered" on hubpages and asked to write for publications or

1. Meschill profile image90
    Meschillposted 8 years ago

Has anyone been "discovered" on hubpages and asked to write for publications or by an agent?

2. bayareagreatthing profile image66
    bayareagreatthingposted 8 years ago

Meschill- what a great question!  I will be excited to see all the answers!

3. EnlightenedOne profile image54
    EnlightenedOneposted 8 years ago

I think it would be exciting to be discovered on HubPages.com I don't see how it could ruin or lower either the reputation of any blogging site, writer, or publication.

4. profile image0
    AuthorsBookposted 8 years ago

There's a system to getting published. Writers need to develop a "author's platform."  I just signed up with Hubpages as AuthorsBook to show writers how to do that.

5. SimeyC profile image96
    SimeyCposted 8 years ago

It's only a matter of time before I do get discovered *grin*

What a great question - I'm sure there are probably some writers who have been discovered - however, as they've been discovered they probably don't get a chance to check their Hubpages as they are too busy writing for publications!!!

6. Daniel Carter profile image75
    Daniel Carterposted 8 years ago

I haven't been "discovered", but a hub I wrote was stumbled upon by an Associated Press reporter, and became the basis for a story released through AP. So, you never know who's reading you. It was an experience I couldn't have predicted. (The hub was about having my email account pirated, and how I got it back, in case you want to know what the subject matter was.)

7. T. A. Northburg profile image61
    T. A. Northburgposted 8 years ago

I'm working at it.  Will let you know when it happens. smile

8. Hi-Jinks profile image59
    Hi-Jinksposted 8 years ago

The days of sitting in a dinner and someone discovers you is gone, gone forever into myth.
    Agents and publication get letters by the thousands of would be authors everyday. They don't have the time to read the piles of papers and e-mails.
    Write everyday and sent out the best stuff to these people. Writer's Market is a good start.

9. Cheeky Girl profile image72
    Cheeky Girlposted 8 years ago

I had a guy who emailed me and asked me to write for an online magazine, but it was a publication of bad taste, so I turned it down. He also was a bit weird, and avoided the subject of job payment. My advice, be careful, and learn to tell the real ones from the chancers. I would say don't leave it to fate to discover you, go out there and write lots of hubs and articles, and get seen and read!

In traditional publishing, the slush pile is very big, where would-be writers end up. On the internet, the slush pile is truly infinite! (Unless you get published on LULU.COM)

working