Which young adult authors have made an impact on your life?

1. Storytellersrus profile image75
    Storytellersrusposted 8 years ago

Which young adult authors have made an impact on your life?

How have they shaped your philosophical awareness, your perception of reality, your self-image, etc.

2. Mr. Happy profile image84
    Mr. Happyposted 8 years ago

"Young adult authors"? I don't know about that part but in terms of writers who have changed my perception of reality and my personal philosophy. I have quite a few. To begin with there was Hunter S. Thompson (who has unknowingly lit the fire to my love for writing) and Shakespeare who kept me reading. Then, I would like to mention the Bible, followed by Nietzsche, Kant, Schopenhauer, Hermann Hesse, Kierkegaard, Montaigne, Angello Beliotti, Oscar Wilde, and Noam Chomsky. I am probably forgetting one or two but overall I am a mixture of all these people and I would not be who I am without them.

3. Dark knight rides profile image74
    Dark knight ridesposted 8 years ago

Lloyd Alexander and the Prydain chronicles really had an impact on me. To watch Taran grow, facing challenges and seeing how he resolved them, really taught me a lot about how to handle the myriad issues that come along, even now. S.E. Hinton is another. Scott O'Dell helped really open my mind to other cultures.

working