jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What do young adult nowadays to meet new people and become friends?

1. Mickji profile image83
    Mickjiposted 3 years ago

What do young adult nowadays to meet new people and become friends?

If you happen to change school and not have any friend, when you'll become a young adult you will have no friends. Without friends everyone will feel sad. how to do to meet new people and become friend when you are an adult that doesn't go to school ?

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

Look online.  There might be a meet-up organization in your town.  Check your public community rec center for flyers and ads.  Sometimes dating sites have mixers.

Mickjiposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately this is a small town without activities, so it doesn't have a website nor a rec center. I'm trying to help another person to find friends but I fail because I don't know how to search and I only have online friends.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

As Stargrrl mentioned check out Meetup.com which is an international website. Odds are even if you live in a small town there are various hobby and interest groups listed in your surrounding area. The minute you log onto the website it automatically adjust for your location. You also have the option of entering in your zip code with a distance radius of your choosing.
    Meetup.com has just about everything you can imagine from wine tasting, yoga, meditation, horse back riding, book clubs, theatre goers, singles networks, writing, and on and on. Anything you have an interest in there is a group that meets at least once a month to share in that activity. Over time you'll develop friendships.
    Another avenue is to sign up for a Continuing Education course. These are usually a one and done deal types of classes or workshops specializing in something of your interest along the "How to..." genre.
    Sometimes it helps to be pro-active by simply saying "hello" to strangers in your age group and explained that you recently located and was curious to know if there were any places in the area that people typically congregate..etc Eventually you'll meet someone who can assist you.
    You might also look through community newspapers in the area for any upcoming events or festivals that you feel would appeal to people in your age group. It may be worthwhile to check out the neighborhood bar/tavern, pool hall, or bowling alley on a Friday/Saturday night if it's a really small town.
    If things are real slow you may have to plan on visiting a neighboring town that has a larger population during the weekends. There are lots of folks who live in suburban towns outside of major cities like LA, NYC, Chicago or wherever there is a decent size city with activities and they go to these cities for fun and excitement on weekends.

Mickjiposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your help,I thought meetup was a website for singles only.Here other than Rome there aren't large cities like NY, this and the neighboring towns are less than a square mile, very small.I will search what you have suggested. Thank you!

4. no body profile image74
    no bodyposted 3 years ago

I think the biggest thing kids nowadays do to get to know other young people is be involved in technology. Most kids know more people online than most older people have known their entire lives. But it's not only speaking acquaintances that live close to where they live, it is also people from all over the world. From developing casual friends to understanding human nature better, the young people of today are more connected with the world.
    The thing with technology though is that people can omit close relationships that evolve in having face-to-face meetings with new people. Things like etiquette and social amenities may be lacking because people don't actually need to meet to have the type of friendships that technology makes possible.  Bob.