jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which books of magical realism would you recommend?

1. Storytellersrus profile image77
    Storytellersrusposted 8 years ago

Which books of magical realism would you recommend?

What is your definition of magical realism?

2. QuirkyPearl profile image59
    QuirkyPearlposted 8 years ago

This is a link to a gentleman I have met called Edwin Courtenay, I have read one of his books but the title escapes my memory, sorry, Perhaps you will find it here on his site.

3. profile image43
    A2Wolverineposted 8 years ago

I recommend the inheritance cycle which includes (Eragon,Eldest, and Brisingr). The reason I started reading it was because it was  recommended to me by a friend, I like to read slightly advanced books and was afraid this would be to easy, I was not disappointed. All throughout the book was filled with spells, fights, well described scenery, and small romance.

4. boorussell profile image54
    boorussellposted 8 years ago

The sword of truth series by terry goodkind
    best sci fictions books ever

5. jockmchaggis profile image60
    jockmchaggisposted 8 years ago

The Belgariad, and then the Mallorean, by David Eddings. That's if you haven't read Lord of the Rings yet... Then move on to Magician by Raymond E Feist, and carry on with those as long as you feel like it, swing by Weaveworld by Clive Barker, lighten up with any of the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, then freak yourself out with Stephen Donaldson's Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever. If you find you've then got a real taste for large amounts of reading get stuck into Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. By the time you finish all that I should have more of a list for you wink

6. Rani Singh profile image72
    Rani Singhposted 7 years ago

Green Grass, Running Water by Thomas King is a great novel, covering issues of identity and authenticity in a moving and often very witty way. It incorporates many magical elements which disturb ideologies and common stereotypes in a positive way.