jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What book would you recommend for summer reading?

1. theryanpride profile image78
    theryanprideposted 4 years ago

What book would you recommend for summer reading?

2. EJ Lambert profile image74
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

That would depend on what styles a person prefers.  Do they like fiction or non-fiction?  Are they into genres like fantasy, sci-fi, horror, mystery or do they prefer something more literary or even graphic novel?  On the other hand are you into biographies or other forms of non-fic?  It's a tough call but if I had to make a hands down recommendation I would say "Ready Player One."  If you want that nostalgic feeling about decades past but have take place in the future with compelling characters, that is one I couldn't put down.

3. wayne barrett profile image73
    wayne barrettposted 4 years ago

I will recommend a book that I am just finishing: Lolita! It has been regarded as a controversial piece of literature over the years, but it is one of the most brilliantly written pieces of work that I have ever read. If you are a writer, you will take away some lessons from this classic masterpiece.

4. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image32
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

If you love fictions written by Indian authors, I suggest you to read Shiva Trilogy (The Immortals of Meluha, The Secret of the Nagas and The Oath of the Vayupurtra) written by Amish. These are wonderful and you will love it.  More than 1 million copies of the books already sold.

5. profile image0
    hiba naeemposted 4 years ago

widow for a year,edward gibbons fall of roman empire and lost history of islam...
    quite possibly dry perhaps...

6. theryanpride profile image78
    theryanprideposted 4 years ago

Thank you all for the suggestions i am going to look in to all of the them.

7. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 4 years ago

I highly recommend The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton, Ph.D. This is a really empowering book as it reveals how our very cells are affected by our thoughts,  how beliefs are programmed into us, and a whole lot more useful research we can apply to our lives to make them fuller.

8. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I'm currently in the middle of a summer reading challenge and just finished The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. It's incredibly unique and well written, if you're into YA books. In general, though, I like fantasy and adventure books during the summer. If you haven't read any of Dan Brown's novels, they can be quick, fun summer reads. And if you do enjoy fantasy, Terry Pratchett's discworld series is a hilarious departure from the norm. If you own an e-reader, I could also recommend Eternity's Reach, though I will admit that its a bit of shameless self promotion. :p Have fun! Summer is the best time to sit down with a good book.

9. Richard Porter profile image53
    Richard Porterposted 4 years ago

I have wrote one of the most bone chilling Horror books of 2013.
    If you're searching for the scariest book of 2013, then search no more.
    With all the vampire, werewolf and faerie books out there, it's easy to become numb to all things supernatural.  London has been known to produce some of the best horror stories ever written.  We have delve deep down into the black heart of one of the most evil characters,you could ever imagine and what he does to his victims has never been spoken of until today.  If you are a person with a week heart or stomach.  I beg you not to read this book.  Our main character would make the devil disgusted by some of the things he does in this hellish treat. I give you the London Lunatic. Ao chew on this:
    She wore a skirt that ended above her knees – it almost looked like a swimming suit except that she didn't wear tights beneath it.  She had on a lot of short petticoats, but they were designed to hold her indecent skirt out rather than help her gain modesty.  Her blouse dipped down to show off plenty of cleavage that was partly covered by a mass of dark, tangled hair pulled forward to cascade down her shoulders.  However, she was clean and seemed sober.  That surprised him.

“Please, Mister,” she whimpered. “I'm doing' no harm to nobody.  I'm just out to give a good time to anybody that wants it.  Please, Mister, don't kill me.?”

Her voice was soft.  Not loud and brassy like he expected.

“Shut up.” He ordered