jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you saw a novel with the word "sex" in the title, would you assume it was ero

1. MistHaven profile image77
    MistHavenposted 8 years ago

If you saw a novel with the word "sex" in the title, would you assume it was erotic?

I was wondering how people would percieve a novel with the word sex in the title. I did a search, and I couldn't find one book with sex in the titlte that wasn't erotic. Is that because that's what people naturally assume when they see the word, or does it depend on its usage?

2. claudialepo profile image60
    claudialepoposted 8 years ago

I think it's a good stategy of marketing to use the word "sex". You will catch more attention. It's true also, on the other hand, that somebody will avoid to bring at home a book with written "sex" because it's embarissing. But I think that the positive influences are more than the negative reactions.

3. Seligor profile image60
    Seligorposted 8 years ago

He, he, he, I think if I saw a book or paper with "SEX" in the title, well after being a holder of four websites, then there's the playing of on-line poker and seemingly finding new text language to use every day. I would probably put it down as , Save Ear eXpenses, or Some Engines eXplode, then a young thing might have,  Serious Erotic eXplosions.
    Gosh there must be very many text theories.
    However to tell the truth! if I was to pick up that book and on the cover were a young couple obviously very much in love. I would smile to myself and say.
    Ave, after four husbands and sampled them all , there is not all that much to write home about!     Except maybe delicious memories. hehehe.
    hugs and loves Seligor. xxx

4. Writeandreadittoo profile image58
    Writeandreadittooposted 7 years ago

No, I would not assume it is erotic, but it is a good marketing word to catch attention.  Think about the media of today - sex, sex, sex is everywhere, even if not blatantly stated as such.

5. jonywoker profile image59
    jonywokerposted 6 years ago

there are Different mind of people in the world.If i saw a Novel with the word "SEX".it is depend on its usages..if you looking for New books online, visit http://www.agreatread.co.uk/ for cheap & best quality books online.

working