poets/Robert Frost

1. profile image43
    shreyakposted 8 years ago

poets/Robert Frost

2. Galadriel Arwen profile image75
    Galadriel Arwenposted 8 years ago

Once long ago when I was in college literature, my instructor asked us to do a review on "Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost. I am a published poet and enjoyed the poem. I wrote an essay and was given a low grade because the professor felt Robert Frost was discussing death. I disagreed. 10 years later Robert Frost wrote an article stating that he was fed up with profs like mine who did not understand his poem. I was right! I sent the article with my essay into the professor to tell him I was right. Hopefully, that person will reconsider student’s views. Poems are after all a view into someone's emotions. There are really many shades of thought if the poet is good enough to add illusion. A great moment and feeling I shall always remember.

3. Silver Poet profile image75
    Silver Poetposted 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing this.  Robert Frost is one of my favorites.  I like The Mending Wall, A Minor Bird, Last Word of a Bluebird, Brown's Descent, The Road Less Traveled, Fire and Ice, Gathering Leaves...

He had a wit and a spark to his personality that makes me think he must have been quite an interesting person to get to know.

working