jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I know someone who wants to write short stories, how can s/he publish these on h

1. LiamAnderson profile image60
    LiamAndersonposted 8 years ago

I know someone who wants to write short stories, how can s/he publish these on hub pages?

2. Sunny River profile image61
    Sunny Riverposted 8 years ago

If the story is long enough, it can be published in parts, one part per hub. If it's rather short, just publishing it on a single hub should be fine. I'd say anything from two to three pages should be alright. Just be careful not to make it overly long.
    Good luck to your friend!

3. profile image55
    tlmntim9posted 8 years ago

I have published many short stories on hubs. I also have found the length restriction not as restricting as your last answer would suggest. I have some over 27 pages that still get read, although the longer ones are read less than the lengthy ones. Have your friend/s take a look at some of mine and perhaps that would encourage them.
    Tim W

4. Pollyannalana profile image87
    Pollyannalanaposted 8 years ago

I published my childrens book here but did so in parts, it was about 22,000 words and done in 13 hubs, and I also have a copywrite.

5. Springboard profile image83
    Springboardposted 8 years ago

I agree with everything said here. It would actually be a good excercise to work on suspense building by chopping in just the right tantalizing spot that'll leave the readers itching to come back for more.

It's actually one of the highlights I'm fast discovering here that HubPages allows one to focus on writing, plain and simple. I can write one hub about politics, another can be fiction, another can be a reflection of another point in my personal history.

The readers can choose which ones suit their particular tastes and we can just go ahead and write what tickles our fancy on a particular day.

6. Christopher Floyd profile image59
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

I've published some flash fiction and creative non-fiction on here. Its not hard. For longer fiction I would also recommend breaking it into different hubs. Readership is a writer's lifeblood. Let me know who and when and I will read the stories. Tell this person to go for it!