jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which Are The Right Words To Use In Writing A Condolence Note?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Which Are The Right Words To Use In Writing A Condolence Note?

2. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 8 years ago

When writing a sympathy note, it doesn't matter so much what you say; but, that what you say comes from the heart.

There are certain phrases that can be used such as "I'm sorry for your loss", "My thoughts and prayers are with you", "Please call if there's anything you need", or other similar phrases.

You could say something personal such as "I'll miss his/her laugh", "I'll miss my chats with xxxx", or some other detail that shows how much you cared about the departed.

3. lizistanton profile image54
    lizistantonposted 8 years ago

Keep your comments sincere, but the right way to express condolences is to be with the person who is bereaved.  That person is shattered; he will be incapable of expressing his needs. She will be so bewildered that just showing up and sitting for a while over a soda or cup of coffee will be the greatest expression of condolences ever.  Do something.  Call. Talk. Visit.

4. debbiesdailyviews profile image60
    debbiesdailyviewsposted 7 years ago

What a fantastic question.
    One which unfortunately we will all have to deal with at sometime, If we haven't allready.

I personally would'nt visit, or call round, unless it was a family member.
    Grief is a very personal matter, especialy if the person involved is just known to you, and not close to you,

A beautiful card with warm words such as " I can not imagine how you are feeling right now ",
    Or, My thoughts are with you,
    Or, I feel helpless at this time, but I'm enclosing my mob no, please texed your name, and I will know what to do...

I could go on for hours, what a great Hub.

working