jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How did you become a writer?

1. sandylongman profile image75
    sandylongmanposted 8 years ago

How did you become a writer?

I want to become one. I have wriiten several articles on here to test the waters. Can you give me some direction? Thanks Sandy

2. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 8 years ago

A lot of quality reading , make it a habit to read daily and not just blogs but books also

3. prosmentor profile image60
    prosmentorposted 8 years ago

I became a writer through my passion for writing, information and inspiration from other writers

4. lkeipp profile image56
    lkeippposted 8 years ago

Blame my high school teachers. , Wait, go further back than that - blame my mom, who bought me my first journal when I was 8. One side was a blank page, the other had lines, so you could draw a picture and then  write.  My first poem ever was in there.  Then it waschool work, and then in college, the writing never ends for sociology majors.  I worked on a small town newspaper before college, and then on the campus paper and literary magazine in college.

As a teacher, writing is mandatory.  Then when I started working at a museum, writing was part of the job there too - site manuals, writing for the newsletter, etc.

Plus I've always been a very opinionated person, and the internet communities encouraged me to write.  When I once again got a chance to write to earn an income, I went back to it.

As for direction - just keep at it - the more you like your topic or have an opinion about it, the easier the words will flow.

working