jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How can I become a successful writer?

1. Luke Otteson profile image58
    Luke Ottesonposted 4 years ago

How can I become a successful writer?

there are so many things to write about and I don't doubt my abilities, but I am a kid in a really big playground
    i don't know what kind of writing specifically
    i would hang my head in shame if someone thought I wasn't well-rounded enough to be considered anything other than what I say I am
    what i'm really saying is, I believe in myself and my writing
    but if I was to write a great story, I wouldn't know who to show it to
    i wouldn't know what any particular person wanted me to write unless they told me their self

2. lisavanvorst profile image77
    lisavanvorstposted 4 years ago

Just keep writing. If the editors at hubpage send you a notice that your hub can be featured just polish the hub up. Don't give up.

3. Sadiq Busuri profile image60
    Sadiq Busuriposted 4 years ago

I think practicing to write and also just reading will help you become a better writer. I think you need to worry less about trying to please the reader and just write what you feel is right. There is no way you can please everyone so you might as well please yourself.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

1. Keep the positive attitude.
    2. The specific type, style, and topic of your writing has to be your own and not those of everyone else. That's what makes reading hubs here at HP and reading books exciting. I don't know about other people, but I really enjoy seeing something new and fresh.
    3. If by not being considered well-rounded you mean you can't write about every topic know to man, don't even try. Choose the things about which you know and have a great passion and write about those even if that means only writing about a few topics.
    4. Don't let any other person be your guide to what you write. Even if they tell you to write about soccer, if you would be bored writing about it, don't do it. You can take suggestions from other people, but write what you want to, not because someone tells you.

5. CWanamaker profile image99
    CWanamakerposted 4 years ago

You need the three P's. Practice, passion, patience.  To become a better writer it will take all of these .  Believe it or not reading a lot will also make you a better writer.  Writing here on HubPages a great way to practice and get feedback from the community all discovering your passion.  Enjoy!

6. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

The great writers speak of lots of READING and lots of PRACTICE. Read or listen to Bradbury, and you will soon agree. A Writers Manual, is also a great help. Amazon has quite a few. They are full of names of Publishers, agents, genres, etc. They will also teach you how to start your first sentence or paragraph, how to hold the readers interest, and how to present a submission.

I was reading lots since I was very small, and I agree with great writers that reading and practice are the main keys. Again, writing is made easier now, as so many people follow the path of self-publishing by using Publishers with good marketing tools.

I would say that you need to write a better paragraph than the one above, check your grammar, and make use of friends to assist you in this endeavour. You also need to have a passion, and go from there.

working