jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

This is so funny i am dyslexic. I like to write though so its hard. But I try.

1. profile image44
    Mdog33posted 7 years ago

This is so funny i am dyslexic. I like to write though so its hard. But I try.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I recommend you keep a thesaurus, grammar book and dictionary nearby plus use Spell check. There are a lot of people with Dyxlexia and not a condition to be ashamed about. Enjoy activities that you like, all we have to do is learn to find what available tools are available that will help overcome our weak spots. Good luck, smile

3. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

When using Microsucks Word or the Open Office Writer (a free equivalent) make sure you have it enabled to underline questionable spellings.  You can also set those programs to take a look at your grammar.  Note that their suggestions are not always valid.  And in some cases, you may just want to ignore them.

Similalry, with the Firefox browser, on this site, bad spellings are also underlined.  Right clicking on the word gives you possible correct spellings.

Note that the first word of the previous paragraph is spelled incorrectly.  It should be "Similarly".  It was flagged as I was typing this, but I left it in as an example.

And "Microsucks" instead of Microsoft, in the first paragraph, is a deliberate misspelling.  :-)

4. profile image0
    Duchess OBluntposted 7 years ago

You should check out Rebecca_E, she is dyslexic as well, and she talks about it in some of her hubs.

working