jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Have you read much work by C. S. Lewis?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image83
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

Have you read much work by C. S. Lewis?

2. Sparhawke profile image59
    Sparhawkeposted 7 years ago

I have read the original 5 books with Aslan and the warddrobe and all that when I was about 6, but none of his other work.

3. ThreeFootHat profile image61
    ThreeFootHatposted 7 years ago

I have read the whole seven part series of the Chronicles of Narnia, Mere Christianity, and the Screwtape Letters.  I was on a Lewis kick a couple of years ago. smile

4. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

read lewis when I was a kid, I've just bought Planet Narnia, by Ward, he claims to have cracked what it's all about, we shall see:-)

5. allpurposeguru profile image81
    allpurposeguruposted 7 years ago

Nearly everything. I haven't read his literary criticism, but I have most of his fiction and apologetic work, even including several posthumous collections of essays and lectures. The preface to Screwtape Letters played a big role in my salvation.

6. Eric Calderwood profile image87
    Eric Calderwoodposted 7 years ago

Yes, The Chronicles of Narnia of course, and the science fiction trilogy, The Great Divorce, Till We Have Faces, The Pilgrim's Regress, and other fiction works of his.  I've Read Mere Christianity, The Problem of Pain, The Abolition of Man, and other of his non-fiction apologetic works.  I haven't read any books of his on the subject of literature though.

7. science is my bff profile image50
    science is my bffposted 7 years ago

Yes I have i read his poems and i am reading the narnia collection

8. profile image55
    NormalisCrazyposted 6 years ago

I've read the Chronicles of Narnia, and Mere Christiantiy and am currently reading The Screwtape Letters.
    He's my favorite writer by far.

9. Ben McLean profile image59
    Ben McLeanposted 5 years ago

Yup ... most of the stuff that would be central to the Lewis canon, both fiction and non-fiction, I have read. Course there are too many of all the tiny articles and stuff for anyone to have read it all.