jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do most books end up giving children nightmares?

1. gameblogger profile image55
    gamebloggerposted 7 years ago

Why do most books end up giving children nightmares?

i have had feedback from friends on alot of other sites that children are constantly have nightmares about books.

2. RogerAD profile image60
    RogerADposted 7 years ago

This is at best an over-generalization based upon anecdotal evidence, if not outright disinformation.

For what its worth, my anecdotal evidence: I used to read ALL the time when younger and never had nightmares as a child.

Of all the FUD around, suggesting that children should not read is probably some of the worst!

Edit: Probably shouldn't have fed gameblogger...

3. surf traveler profile image81
    surf travelerposted 7 years ago

I strongly believe this is not the case. It is the type of books children are reading that would cause nightmares. In my opinion, parents today have been somewhat desensitized to violence through tv, films and video games. I am surprised by what my friends allow their young children to watch on television. Heck the nightly news can be very graphic and a 3 year old or an 8 year old really aren't capable of handling many of these graphic images. The same goes for books. There are so many great children's books out there that are gentle and can teach children the love of reading. I think if someone is unfamiliar with a book, they should review it and decide if the material is at the right level for the child both from a maturity level and reading ability.

4. heavenbound5511 profile image78
    heavenbound5511posted 7 years ago

When my child was having nightmares and seeing demons also it was from a children's movie that actually had real voo-doo in it that came from a book.
    So once we got rid of it and I prayed over her and In Jesus name I told everything that was invited in with that item to leave. Also I had to bind up and not allow night terror, witchcraft, and all familiar spirits over her in Jesus name.
    The nightmares left when we did figure it out and got rid of the item.
    It's about what's in the children's books and what it invites. So we don't keep books with occult stuff, such as dragons, spells and curses in our house, or the toys that go with them. We can't have stuff that is linked up to false religions or false gods either. Some may not understand this and say this is crazy but once you have seen the evil spirits come because of these items and then leave in Jesus name you can't help but to know it's true.
    God doesn't want us to give the devil any door to come into. God leaves us responsible for protect our kids from these type of attacks. Yes a lot of children's stuff it contaminated with the above listed stuff plus even more. Thank God there are still many good choices, and materials suitable and safe for kids and us!
    Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt 10:16
    Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.1 John 4:1
    My people perish from a lack of knowledge.> Hos 4:6

There are many videos on youtube exposing the occult in cartoons and disney stuff.Also I have many deliverance prayers and such to help with spiritual warfare that could help also.http://hubpages.com/profile/heavenbound5511

working