Why do most books end up giving children nightmares?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)
  1. gameblogger profile image54
    gamebloggerposted 8 years ago

Why do most books end up giving children nightmares?

i have had feedback from friends on alot of other sites that children are constantly have nightmares about books.

2. RogerAD profile image60
    RogerADposted 8 years ago

This is at best an over-generalization based upon anecdotal evidence, if not outright disinformation.

For what its worth, my anecdotal evidence: I used to read ALL the time when younger and never had nightmares as a child.

Of all the FUD around, suggesting that children should not read is probably some of the worst!

Edit: Probably shouldn't have fed gameblogger...

3. surf traveler profile image78
    surf travelerposted 8 years ago

I strongly believe this is not the case. It is the type of books children are reading that would cause nightmares. In my opinion, parents today have been somewhat desensitized to violence through tv, films and video games. I am surprised by what my friends allow their young children to watch on television. Heck the nightly news can be very graphic and a 3 year old or an 8 year old really aren't capable of handling many of these graphic images. The same goes for books. There are so many great children's books out there that are gentle and can teach children the love of reading. I think if someone is unfamiliar with a book, they should review it and decide if the material is at the right level for the child both from a maturity level and reading ability.

4. heavenbound5511 profile image73
    heavenbound5511posted 7 years ago

When my child was having nightmares and seeing demons also it was from a children's movie that actually had real voo-doo in it that came from a book.
    So once we got rid of it and I prayed over her and In Jesus name I told everything that was invited in with that item to leave. Also I had to bind up and not allow night terror, witchcraft, and all familiar spirits over her in Jesus name.
    The nightmares left when we did figure it out and got rid of the item.
    It's about what's in the children's books and what it invites. So we don't keep books with occult stuff, such as dragons, spells and curses in our house, or the toys that go with them. We can't have stuff that is linked up to false religions or false gods either. Some may not understand this and say this is crazy but once you have seen the evil spirits come because of these items and then leave in Jesus name you can't help but to know it's true.
    God doesn't want us to give the devil any door to come into. God leaves us responsible for protect our kids from these type of attacks. Yes a lot of children's stuff it contaminated with the above listed stuff plus even more. Thank God there are still many good choices, and materials suitable and safe for kids and us!
    Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt 10:16
    Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.1 John 4:1
    My people perish from a lack of knowledge.> Hos 4:6

There are many videos on youtube exposing the occult in cartoons and disney stuff.Also I have many deliverance prayers and such to help with spiritual warfare that could help also.http://hubpages.com/profile/heavenbound5511

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)