jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What stands in your way?

1. ACSutliff profile image76
    ACSutliffposted 7 years ago

What stands in your way?

What is the most challenging part about writing for you? What is your biggest obstacle?

2. carmaluda profile image73
    carmaludaposted 7 years ago

ME! Me, myself and I and my damn lack of confidence...

3. silverfoxygirl108 profile image74
    silverfoxygirl108posted 7 years ago

Trying to come up with something suitable for all ages. That and criticism. No one likes to be corrected or told that they are wrong.

4. M.s Fowler profile image39
    M.s Fowlerposted 7 years ago

Trying to pick a topic that most people will like!

5. WaddupSaralynn profile image56
    WaddupSaralynnposted 7 years ago

When I get stuck after a while, I tend to not want to try to work around it. Almost like my drive for writing completely shuts down after my first block.

6. estranged911 profile image63
    estranged911posted 7 years ago

Me.. My Laziness and a Little Lack of inspiration...

7. gradyp profile image56
    gradypposted 7 years ago

My biggest obstacle to writing isn't a problem of inspiration.  During NaNoWriMo, I usually easily crank out 50K+ in 30 days.  My problem is taking the time to sit down and actually work on it.  I get so distracted by everything else I want to do that I forget to do anything about it... Except in November big_smile  (Seems to be the one month I focus on fiction writing wink

8. Jaynie2000 profile image91
    Jaynie2000posted 7 years ago

Myself. I tend to get in my own way. I, like everyone, have a million other things to do...kids, volunteering, soccer games (mine), triathlon training and countless other excuses. The truth is more likely that I am riddled with anxiety about whether or not the output would be good enough, and I am often hard pressed for inspiration. Finally, I am notoriously undisciplined and given to flights of fancy which distract me from the overall mission of completing much. That said, I have completed a novel that has been accepted by 2 publishers, though I am still seeking another that I think would be more respectable.

working