jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have your book reading habits changed?

1. jstankevicz profile image82
    jstankeviczposted 7 years ago

Have your book reading habits changed?

As a lifelong book reader, I find my reading platforms shifting, and wonder about your reading preferences these days.
    Do you still read mostly hardcover books?
    Paperback books?
    Ebooks like Kindle?
    Audio books?
    On the PC?

2. skgrao profile image71
    skgraoposted 7 years ago

No I read books Paper Backs as it needs no computer and mouse besides you can Book Mark with out confusion.

3. Charles K. profile image72
    Charles K.posted 7 years ago

I'm also a lifelong reader and find that my reading habits have slowly changed over the years. When I was younger, I read mostly paperback fiction and mostly for enjoyment. This shifted to textbooks when I returned to college as an adult. Then over the past decade or two I have read less fiction and more non-fiction, particularly how-to, computer-related, and writing books. Since getting the Internet bug I have read many ebooks, mostly in .pdf format and on my PCs. I have zero interest in Kindle or any format that requires holding a device. I'm happy to hold a physical book, thank you. I have trouble listening to audio books due to my being easily distracted visually and I end up having to rewind over and over so I don't like the audio book format. Lastly, this year I have decided to make time for reading fiction and I try to read at least an hour of fiction each day. Thanks for asking this interesting question.

4. KFlippin profile image60
    KFlippinposted 7 years ago

I rarely buy hardcover books anymore, crazy expensive now, and mostly buy mainstream paperbacks from my favorite authors or new bestsellers.  The biggest change is reading for pleasure very old history books and out of print novels that I've collected over the years, they are treasures for sense of style and place for their time, and generally less costly than buying current fiction.  No ebooks, one audio book ever, and only on the PC when I have no choice, like via books.google for the very old printings in the public domain that aren't in circulation anymore.

Closed to reply