jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What are some of your favorite quotes? Funny or otherwise.

1. Sweetsusieg profile image83
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

What are some of your favorite quotes?  Funny or otherwise.

I love movie quotes and have a few of my favorites, using them in my daily life.  "You know I love you more'n my luggage".. - Steel Magnolias

2. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

Jed Clampet (Buddy Epsen) of the Beverly Hillbillies always had great ones. He once told Jethroe "Boy if brains was lard you wouldn't have enough to grease a pan. That's one of my favs.  Peace!!

3. profile image0
    Surabhi Kauraposted 7 years ago

"There is nothing good or bad in this world, but our perceptions make it so. What people call ‘congestion’ in a train, becomes ‘atmosphere’ in a night club."

4. Bo Bixbie profile image70
    Bo Bixbieposted 7 years ago

"Counting cards is not illegal.  It's frowned upon.  Like masturbating on an airplane."

5. MMMoney profile image65
    MMMoneyposted 7 years ago

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

6. skgrao profile image72
    skgraoposted 7 years ago

1 - A fair face is a foul bargain.
    2 - Walk the Talk.
    3 - Talk Less,Work More.

7. Rick Bailey profile image55
    Rick Baileyposted 7 years ago

The world doesn't want to hear about labor pains. It only wants to see the baby.

One of my favorites!

8. pianopaws profile image53
    pianopawsposted 7 years ago

"no boy is worth crying over, the one that is wont make you cry" it got me past some hard breakups in highschool.

9. Skaditch profile image74
    Skaditchposted 7 years ago

It's a simple quote that, if you've seen the movie, you get it right away.  The problem is that not to many people have seen State and Main, which is one of my top 5 favorite comedies. "So that happened!"

10. profile image0
    surlyoldcatposted 7 years ago

I have several, but out of consideration I'll post just a couple...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Sir Edmund Burke. I live by this credo...to not "do nothing" and to do what I can to help others when and where I can.  If people were to follow this more...well...

"May evil get lost on the way to your house" - George Carlin
    In case the first one fails, one can only hope that evil has no GPS, maps, and/or are too macho to stop and ask directions.

11. Vicki.Pierce profile image71
    Vicki.Pierceposted 7 years ago

my favorite quote is:

:"The big secret in life is that there is no big secret.  Whatever your goal, you CAN get there if you're willing to work."

12. drbj profile image83
    drbjposted 7 years ago

Rhett to Scarlett: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
    That was considered racy in the '38 film, "Gone With the Wind."

working