jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are your favorite books?

1. Evan Hutchinson profile image76
    Evan Hutchinsonposted 7 years ago

What are your favorite books?

2. Mark C Middleton profile image63
    Mark C Middletonposted 7 years ago

Books by Dean Koontz.  He is similar to Stephen King but less wordy and more interesting.  His earlier works are better than the more current ones.  Consider: Fear Nothering, Seize The Night, Strangers, Lightning and The Good Guy.

3. HoopBot profile image57
    HoopBotposted 7 years ago

In general, books that make me think. Or books that are very well-written. I don't like autobiographies or biographies at all. Especially famous peoples'.

Here are some good ones:
    1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell
    Fatherland and Lustrum by Robert Harris
    Crime and Punishment by the Russian dude
    Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray

4. themist profile image61
    themistposted 7 years ago

I've actually JUST written a hub with some of my favourite books, but on top of that, anything by Tom Clancy and The Lord of the Rings trilogy are up there. smile

5. luvdsworld profile image56
    luvdsworldposted 7 years ago

I like the chicken soup for the soul because they have personal and real life experiences that i can always learn a lesson on, life changing and the stories are very inspiring as well.

6. just mee profile image55
    just meeposted 7 years ago

true to the game 1,2 and 3 by terri woods

7. veronicasinnaeve profile image78
    veronicasinnaeveposted 7 years ago

Piece By Piece by Tori Amos is one of my favourite books for her influential and inspiring insights.

Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen and Crazy Love by Leslie Morgan Steiner are mindblowing memoirs.

Music, The Brain, and Ecstasy by Robert Jourdain is an exceptiionally intelligent read.

Written On The Body by Jeanette Winterson brings to light how we unconditionally love.

I also very much enjoy Stardust, a wonderful fantasy written by Neil Gaiman.

8. littlesecret13 profile image59
    littlesecret13posted 7 years ago

anything by stephen king, charles de lint, neil gaiman, and of course alice in wonderland

working