jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

HubPages vs Squidoo in Page Rank and will this affects us at HP?

1. nicregi profile image76
    nicregiposted 7 years ago

HubPages vs Squidoo in Page Rank and will this affects us at HP?

I checked today and noticed HP is PR 6 while Squidoo is PR 8.

Will this really affects us all at HubPages?

I write for both but I feel HubPages get more hits compared to Squidoo.

Can anyone please enlighten me on this please?

2. profile image55
    MagicianKingposted 7 years ago

Google looks at individual pages.  So, if you optimize your hubs well, you're ahead of the game.  Assuming 2 equally optimized pages on the same keyword exist one a squdioo lens and the other one a hub, everything else being equal, the squidoo lens will show up number 1, the hub number 2 (assuming they're the best match and have the best optimization).

3. jasoncox83 profile image74
    jasoncox83posted 7 years ago

Well overall many who write for one, write for both. The thing right now that is crippling Squidoo is their tier payments. That has resulted in reduced lens' being produced, and could lead to the demise of Squidoo if they do not act on this issue. I would not be too concerned, HP is still easy to rank in the top Google results.

4. Spider Girl profile image66
    Spider Girlposted 7 years ago

Yes, Squidoo has a higher PR but that doesn't mean that people will read your stuff at Squidoo. For me HUbpages is a better experience and I'll stay here for my life for the appreciation I get here for writing. I've got 9 hubs here and my page views are nearly 1000 but with a single lense at Squidoo I've got 7 views so far. So my piece of advice is:

Hubpages -write whatever you want (the community here is enough for appreciation)
    Squidoo -research internet, know what people love to read about and then a create lens

Bets of luck!

Closed to reply

working