When do you start having your own blog?

1. nicregi profile image75
    nicregiposted 7 years ago

When do you start having your own blog?

I mean, I have just started few months back in serious writing. When do you think is ideal to start having my own blog (i mean by purchasing one domain)?

Suggestions please?

2. Traqqer profile image66
    Traqqerposted 7 years ago

It depends on what you want to do with your blog. Are you just writing for the heck of it? Do you want to make money with your blog? Are you using it to share ideas with others?

I tried a blog last year for about a year, writing about new electronic gadgets, and I have a hard time sustaining my writing....meaning that I just could not keep up. I wanted to earn some money, but found that if you want traffic on your site, you need to spend a lot of time on it, not just advertising your site, but also constantly putting new information on it. Since the electronics industry moves so quickly, I just couldn't keep up (just didn't have the time to constantly write new things). That's just my experience. Again, it will depend on your PURPOSE in starting a blog.

3. rnbguru profile image34
    rnbguruposted 7 years ago

To start a blog, I would recommend first finding your niche. What will be the general trend of your thoughts and what will you write about? Next, I would start developing contacts with similar blogs to the one you want to write. Lastly, write a slew of articles for your blog in advance to try and minimize the weeks when you might be too busy to post. During those periods, you can just use one of your backlog articles you'll write.

Once you've done all this, start your blog and try and post at least once a week. After a few weeks, see if those other sites you participate on will link to it so you can start building a community around it.

Closed to reply