jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Can anyone recommend a fast paced mystery / thriller book that has similar effec

1. jackw827 profile image67
    jackw827posted 7 years ago

Can anyone recommend a fast paced mystery / thriller book that has similar effects at grabbing...

your attention like Dan Brown's books since I want to read something that can grab your attention from start to end?

2. Sweetsusieg profile image85
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

Not sure about mystery/thrillers but I can recommend a set of good books if you like a little fun with your mystery.  The 'Sookie Stackhouse' series by Charlaine Harris.  I think it's the style of writing that gets me with those books, the Author can make me laugh out loud while reading.

3. Merlin Fraser profile image78
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

Hate to blow my own trumpet but may I suggest the Inner Space trilogy of Murder Mystery. Check out www,Merlin-Fraser.com

Available in Book or E Book from Lulu or Amazon

4. Marturion profile image59
    Marturionposted 7 years ago

I highly recommend the Pendergast series of novels by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.  Rivoting action, attention to detail, and fantastic characterization make these books a great read from start to finish.  The first in the series, Relic, was made into a horrible movie some years ago, but the book is definitely a page-turner.

5. home witch profile image82
    home witchposted 7 years ago

Try reading David Blacker's thriller A Cause Untrue. Unlike many books set in the US or Europe, this one deals with issues surrounding the terrorist conflict of Sri Lanka but has the action take place around the world. A really good book with graphic descriptions of action, killing and terror.

6. profile image49
    Kirstyhobsonposted 7 years ago

Sure, try John Coventry's  " I was, I am,I will be" Its a memoir,but reads like a fast express train thriller. I could not stop reading it ! All about an undercover spy within terrorists cells, with Romance,very HOT sex. It is just a great read...and John Coventry is HOT !  so is the book.

7. profile image46
    emmabroadfootposted 7 years ago

I so agree,
    John Coventry I was I am I will be. This is the  best selling book that I have read for some time.
    A true story, that reads like a thriller. Is it justifiable to torture a terrorist to save hundreds of  people who would otherwise be killed?
    This will grab your attention jackw827 !

8. brianjanuary profile image60
    brianjanuaryposted 4 years ago

I like adventure thrillers writers like James Rollins and Andy McDermott (and, of course, my books--lol!)--very fast-paced, fun and interesting to read!

Brian January
    http://brianjanuary.blogspot.com/

9. gposchman profile image84
    gposchmanposted 3 years ago

If mysteries are what you are looking for, I suggest reading Dashiell Hammett, Mickey Spillane, and Rex Stout.

Gene Poschman

working