jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is your favorite book? What would you recommend for others to read?

1. rochelj profile image66
    rocheljposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite book? What would you recommend for others to read?

2. miloskc profile image57
    miloskcposted 6 years ago

Just finished reading A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. Extremely weird and extremely beautiful. Would definitely recommend it to anyone.

3. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

My favourite book of all time, is The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein. I would recommend it to anyone looking to escape from the everyday world.

4. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 6 years ago

I recently read The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan about the Great American Dust Bowl era of the mid-1930s. I would highly reocmmend it to anyone living in the area so terribly affected by that event. It is about those who stayed and somehow survived the winds and huge clouds of dust and accompanying drought at the same time the Great Depression was going on. North Texas, most of Oklahoma, Kansas, much of Nebraska and more were hit by storms and sand and dust were blown clear to NYC and DC. Great tale of hardship and survival.

5. noelyesakay profile image60
    noelyesakayposted 6 years ago

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett is my absolute favorite. Following that would probably be The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, which is usually the one I recommend to everybody.

6. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Toss up between - Brave New World - 1984 - Neuromancer with its other bits, Mona Lisa Overdrive, and Count Zero.  If pushed I would probably go for Neuromancer and its other bits; however that may change tomorrow for the Huxley or Orwell.

7. aslaught profile image60
    aslaughtposted 6 years ago

Very hard to answer as I have read so many good books over the years.

To pinpoint one I would say,  East Of Eden, by John Steinbeck.  After that,  Grapes of Wrath,  by John Steinbeck.

But other great books just keep popping in my head.  LOL.   I will leave it at that.

8. bradybynum1 profile image59
    bradybynum1posted 6 years ago

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson.  It's a great story, however the most intriguing aspect lies in Stevenson's analysis of the inherent nature of man. Very good read with a lot of possibility for philosophical debate!

9. LadyFiddler profile image78
    LadyFiddlerposted 6 years ago

Hi a pleasant good morning to you " My favourite book is the BIBLE" It teaches me how to live right and to follow in Christ foot steps.

#2. "Joy for the Heart" by Helen Steiner Rice an exceptional poet that can truly lift a down and dreary soul i believe she was truly inspired to right those poems.

#3. "Peace of mind for the Heart" by me Abigail J. Chandler @ i proclaim book store its excellent also it will be a blessing to you. For more info contact me via email.

May God bless You

Have  a lovely day wink