I used the word "Poetic Justice" in a paragraph and my teacher said "mysterious

1. David 470 profile image84
    David 470posted 7 years ago

I used the word "Poetic Justice"  in a paragraph and my teacher said "mysterious diction" what did

he mean? Poetic Justice means ironic or the opposite what you would expect or should occur....What did he mean when he said mysterious diction and circled the word.

2. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 7 years ago

There is a Native American band called Joy Harjo and the Poetic Justice. She does poetry, sings and plays jazz all in one act. Very hippiesh!

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure that I completely agree with your definition of the phrase, poetic justice, I think it is expected: someone does something to hurt someone else and gets hurt himself, that is ironic, and expected, but not by the the offender; so it depends from which viewpoint and, perhaps, audience expectations, that determines whether an action is expected or not, whether it is poetic justice.
    Mysterious diction? I can remember the phrase, vaguely, from a poem, Granny's Climbing, Ruskin someone or another, if my memory serves me well, try googling it, you may find some clues.
    Of course, we're not sure how you used the phrase, poetic justice, and your lecturer may have been referring to your diction as being mysterious because you felt the need to tell the reader that it was poetic justice, rather than show?

Closed to reply

working