jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the possibility of being seen, read and published from HubPages?

1. Marie Louise profile image70
    Marie Louiseposted 7 years ago

What is the possibility of being seen, read and published from HubPages?

What does it take to become a published writer?

2. bledsoep profile image76
    bledsoepposted 7 years ago

I link to my profile from Facebook and Stumbleupon and get a fair number of readers that way, plus picking good tags can bring in the Google traffic. I use a link to Hubpages in my online resume and classified ads, and I have picked up one paying client as a freelance copywriter.

3. wmspringer profile image60
    wmspringerposted 7 years ago

Click the "start a new hub" link up at the top and start writing. Bam: you're a published writer!

Getting people to actually read what you wrote is a bit more challenging; you do have to spend a bit of time promoting it. Several of my hubs are currently on the second page of Google for their search terms.

4. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I think they are relatively low but miracles do happen. There are many really good singers and songwriters who spend their life in obscurity because they did not find themselves in the right circumstances. At the same time, there are some famous people of rather marginal talent who just got lucky.  In today's world, I think becoming a published writer is an ambition you have to drive and possibly even take care of yourself. There are now outlets for self-publishing which allow you to invest as little or as much as you want in the printing and binding of your book. It is becoming more common place all the time. The key then becomes how to effectively market to mass consumption...possibly more difficult than getting the book in print. WB

Closed to reply

working