jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is your favourite horror book?

1. lilmissbookworm profile image65
    lilmissbookwormposted 7 years ago

What is your favourite horror book?

2. Christopher Floyd profile image59
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

Either The Stand by Stephen King or Dark Rivers of the Heart by Dean Koontz. Dark Rivers isn't so much horror as it is a chase book, so I'm going with The Stand.

3. Crewman6 profile image73
    Crewman6posted 7 years ago

That's a tough question.  Right at this moment, I'd say Ramses the Damned, Anne Rice's Mummy book.  I always thought there would be a sequel, but so far I'm doomed to disappointment.
    Still, ask again in a few minutes.  I'll probably pick another title.  So many great books out there, and I've only managed to read a fraction of them!

4. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 7 years ago

Stephen King's The Shining.  Muuuch better than either movie made!

5. Peter Allison profile image77
    Peter Allisonposted 7 years ago

Collected Stories of HP Lovecraft

6. Dave Harris profile image73
    Dave Harrisposted 7 years ago

Good question, I think for me it would have to be Twylight by Dean Koontz (not the crap teenage film btw)

7. janessecret profile image35
    janessecretposted 7 years ago

I think the uncut version of Stephen King's The Stand is the scariest book ever, the Flagg character is terrifying . . .

8. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 7 years ago

I would agree with Peter Allison. H. P. Lovecraft is the king of horror. If his short stories don't count then I'll say At the Mountains of Madness should be read by anyone who likes the horror genre. I heard it's getting made into a movie (exciting!)

9. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

Swan Song by Robert McCammon. A post apocolyptic horror with great character development and storyline. One of my favorite books of all time.

10. Kavitamartin12 profile image53
    Kavitamartin12posted 7 years ago

Cheerleader is one of my favorite Horror Book.

http://www.wholesalepages.co.uk/ukwhole … 034_1.html

11. beeeme profile image56
    beeemeposted 7 years ago

Mine is a short story...Edgar Allen Poe, The Monkey's Paw.  If I had to choose a book, I'd say Carrie by Stephen King.