jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How would you describe the tone and timbre your voice, mellow, seductive, high o

1. EmpressImani profile image60
    EmpressImaniposted 7 years ago

How would you describe the tone and timbre your voice, mellow, seductive, high or low

And if you write poetry, monologues etc do you write them all with a view of performing them?

2. Anaya M. Baker profile image83
    Anaya M. Bakerposted 7 years ago

Unfortunately I'd have to go with high, though I'd love to be able to say seductive! When I hear my voice played back, I think I sound 12 years old. I've worked on lowering the register and getting better control over it, with some success. Still though, when I read work back to myself, I read it silently, and am usually able to channel a voice that is very different from my own. Wish I could do so when speaking!

3. Pollyannalana profile image84
    Pollyannalanaposted 7 years ago

I can't stand to hear m voice played back either but I was told by a DJ a few years back I had a sexy voice, so I guess it is in the ear of the beholder, lol..

4. Docmo profile image93
    Docmoposted 7 years ago

I have a low timbre but I am told that I use different tones ( I don't notice them) I have a telephone voice, a reassuring voice ( with clients), a performing voice ( I do a lot of presentations + teaching groups)
    Like Pollyannalana I used to hate to hear my voice on the answering machine when played back.  I have grown a little bit confident as I did a bit of performing on stage and learnt to modulate, pitch and pause for effect. Now I  record my teaching/presentations for podcasting and I could play back and pick up bad habits and practice. I would love to have a seduction voice but if I try to put it on it may sound downright cheesy!  I have been told my voice sounds sexy if I've had a teensy bit cognac or a single malt!! ( a hip flask is at hand!)

working