jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I want to publish a poem on my hub but layout is a problem

1. yellowbutterfly profile image61
    yellowbutterflyposted 7 years ago

I want to publish a poem on my hub but layout is a problem

I cannot get a space to appear between the rhyming couplets! I push the space bar  in 'edit' then the space disappears.
    Can anyone help please?

2. CMCastro profile image80
    CMCastroposted 7 years ago

When I type a poem I always click in the top line of edit box where it says Paragraph and click the arrow to show the word "preformatted". And then the font will change but then you can block your poem any way you care to.  Just one note: at the end of editing it will give option to suggest links. If you choose to do that, be aware that it will change your poem format and you will need to go back to editing your text. Most likely you just have to click left your mouse to move the words of your lines of poetry back to the previous form.  I hope this is helpful.

3. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

When you create the hub, look on the right hand side and click on settings.  You will see three boxes pre-checked regarding the commercial characteristics.   Unclick the lowest box that says this hub can be considered commercial.  That will then allow you to go up above and hit the drop down box and selection "None" in the window that is preselected to "High".  This will then let the full line width of the verse lay out without an adjacent ad.  Also, you will find it easier to write and format your poem on a word processor then cut and paste it into the textbox as opposed to attempting to write it on the hub.  WB

4. seicheprey profile image61
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

Another trick is to write your poem in a document, copy and paste it into the text box and save.  Once you save it appears -- usually -- without any breaks.  Go back to edit the document and put a space between the couplets.  Save it again, and it should be all set.

working